IP address wrong location

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IP address wrong location

I just switched over to the new Ignite TV, which provides a new modem.  I finally stopped getting Google searches in London instead of where I live (3 hours away).  I had swapped out Coda modems a couple of times and only this has worked. Maybe there is new routing with the new modems?  Maybe someone else will know?  Thanks 

I've Been Around

I am in Mississauga Ontario Canada and I and Google think I am in Corner Brook Newfoundland.  This has caused several confusing emails to me to validate I am legit.  I need to get this fixed but the information in this thread does not tell me how. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@benjimin : As mentioned in several earlier posts in this thread, you can try contacting the @CommunityHelps  people by clicking that link and sending them a PM or as follows after you have logged into the forum:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

No guarantees, but that seems to be the only recourse at this time.  I'm not sure what they do - perhaps get you a different IP address, or update the IP address geolocation database...

Topic Stats