IP address wrong location

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: IP address wrong location

Thanks very much!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

For what it's worth my location in Fredericton has improved overtime, not sure if it was complaining to Rogers, contacting as many of the Geolocation services I found or it just naturally taking its course by learning/tracking. It certainly didn't happen overnight and there are still some websites misreporting location, usually reporting Ontario.

Ironically Rogers NHL LIVE is no longer included in our bundle but we did get to see one of the Toronto games before they pulled the plug; wow very impressive Rogers. You seriously expect people to pay extra for that service when you're either unwilling or unable to properly support it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

In case anyone's interested on checking their location's accuracy or contacting what I assume are three of the main Geolocation services go to   www dot iplocation dot net (https://www.iplocation.net/). There are links for the three companies to follow, each of those provides a contact form or an email that you can send your IP address, actual location and ISP details.

Good luck, it can't hurt to try.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you VivienM!

For the past three days, I opened all my GPS apps on all our devices and left them open while I was at home, and lo and behold, yesterday morning when I checked the Global TV app, I got the Toronto broadcast instead of Halifax. Google searches have me in the correct location too. Looks like the problem is fixed.

Thanks again!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

having the same isssue.  I'm in Ontario...My IP address is listed in NB.   This is causing a problem with some websites, that are seeing that I'm not in Ontario.   I won't be changing my modem as suggested, because that is just ridiculous.  Somehow my IP address was changed in the background, so it needs to be changed back in the background...just need someone who knows how to do it

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Another member suggested that while at home, I open all apps on my devices that use GPS, which I did. The problem was fixed in a couple of days.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thought I found a quick way to fix this....ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew     see  https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/release-and-renew-an-ip-address/

now when I do it speed test, it shows me picked up by a local server, but when I go to whatsmyip and search it, it says I'm in the wrong province....my GPS is constantly on.....so frustrated

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here!
Highlighted
I've Been Around