I can't sign into my CGN3ACSMR Router and Packet Loss Problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: I can't sign into my CGN3ACSMR Router and Packet Loss Problem

@PCao

@PCao wrote:

I had the same log-in issue. Reading thru this post, I can now log in using 192.168.0.1 > cusadmin/(my wireless network password). Once inside the configuration screen, I can modify the log-in password via Admin > Management tabs. Please note that the username can not be modified, it will remain "cusadmin". I find it extremely weird that the Hitron CGN3ACSMR  gateway log-in would change the default password to the wireless network password, but it would keep the "cusadmin" username and not change it to the wireless SSID name.

this is normal behavior with the current firmware. The user name is always "cusadmin", and the password at default is the WiFi password, but like you said it can be changed after.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Difficulty logging into CGN3ACSMR

This has been happening for the past few days. I try to log in and I get the spin - forever. Or I get logged in and immediately get the message that my session has timed out. Or I get the WPS light flashing! What gives rogers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dugi you could call tech support and check/change the modem password to ensure that the password is what it should be.  Personal opinion, if a modem or router refuses to co-operate, its gets a factory reset, and I have done that to both.  If the WPS LED is flashing and you don't use WPS, when you do log into the modem, ensure that the WPS function is turned off for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks.  The default is "Enabled".  WPS should not be used as its no longer secure and easy to hack.  

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Datalink

Perhaps I did not word my post above correctly. There is no issue with my user name and password. The two main issues were the 192.168.0.1 page not loading at all or second, when it did load and I got logged in, the page would time out within 10-15 seconds. In other words - the 192.168.0.1 page was really glitchy. The WPS function is definitely turned off for both 2.4 and 5 - something I did quite some time ago, based in fact on your advice in another thread. I also changed a few other settings that you recommended. That was why I was surprised to see the WPS light flash, though it only flashed while the page was glitching out. Today, the page has been much less glitchy, but still not 100%. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dugi wrote:

@Datalink

Perhaps I did not word my post above correctly. There is no issue with my user name and password. The two main issues were the 192.168.0.1 page not loading at all or second, when it did load and I got logged in, the page would time out within 10-15 seconds. In other words - the 192.168.0.1 page was really glitchy. The WPS function is definitely turned off for both 2.4 and 5 - something I did quite some time ago, based in fact on your advice in another thread. I also changed a few other settings that you recommended. That was why I was surprised to see the WPS light flash, though it only flashed while the page was glitching out. Today, the page has been much less glitchy, but still not 100%. 

@Dugi

I have been experiencing the exact same issue, I noticed it yesterday. Sometimes the login page can't be reached  when I try to access 192.168.100.1 (bridge mode). Other times when it does load, and I enter the user name and password, then hit log in, it will sit there saying loading, but never log in/get pass the log in page. 

I have no idea what's happening, but it's weird that both of us are experiencing this issue at the same time. I'm on a CODA 4582 with 26T2 firmware, and have been for about two weeks now. 

I can't do a factory reset because I'm on the beta firmware and that would revert me back to .24 if I reset.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@gp-se I believe you can reset your modem now without being reverted to .24 because .26T2 is now the network-deployed version.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@gp-se wrote:

@Dugi

I have been experiencing the exact same issue, I noticed it yesterday. Sometimes the login page can't be reached  when I try to access 192.168.100.1 (bridge mode). Other times when it does load, and I enter the user name and password, then hit log in, it will sit there saying loading, but never log in/get pass the log in page. 

I have no idea what's happening, but it's weird that both of us are experiencing this issue at the same time. I'm on a CODA 4582 with 26T2 firmware, and have been for about two weeks now. 

I can't do a factory reset because I'm on the beta firmware and that would revert me back to .24 if I reset.

@gp-se

One of the reasons I posted was to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue. Glad to see I am not alone. I also wondered if this was a rogers problem, or perhaps a hitron problem as far as the 192.168.100.1 page being so glitchy. 

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats