I can't sign into my CGN3ACSMR Router and Packet Loss Problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't sign into my CGN3ACSMR Router and Packet Loss Problem

Hello @midhopkins,

Great suggestions by Datalink, if you still have difficulty accessing the modem, let us know we can have CommunityHelps contact you to help reset your modem's password, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

When I enter 192.168.0.1 in Microsoft Edge the login page doesn't even appear.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you able to bring up a command prompt and ping 192.168.0.1?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I can.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have a CGN3ACSMR as seen on the product sticker at the back you can use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 if you are connected directly to the modem.  If you have the modem in Bridge mode, followed by a router and then pc/laptop, you can use 192.168.100.1 without any routing rules in the router and without taking your LAN apart to connect directly to the laptop.  The 192.168.100.1 will work thru the router.

I've Been Around

After 2 hours playing around with it  cusadmin as user name and MY network password worked !

the only combination i had not thought of , THANKS

I Plan to Stick Around

Even without using the USB stick, a factory reset will bring you to a special page on the WebUI (192.168.0.1) which will "act" like the USB, by doing through 3 tabs.

And I did find the hard way as well that your cusadmin password gets set to whatever you put as the password of your wireless network in that special page.

If in doubt, factory reset the modem by using the button in the back (holding it 10secs usually does the trick) and then you'll be able to set a brand new wireless/cusadmin password.

I've Been Around

If you reset your CGN3ACSMR Router/Modem from Rogers when it comes back up, open a browser and enter 192.168.0.1. Will be taken to the initial wifi configuration site.

Enter the wifi name and password. The password that you use here WILL BE THE SAME that you will need to use to login to configure other services in the modem/router.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes it now will set as what ever password you set for wifi...which is DIFFERENT than "factory reset" password: password. Someone should update Roger FAQ or something.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same log-in issue. Reading thru this post, I can now log in using 192.168.0.1 > cusadmin/(my wireless network password). Once inside the configuration screen, I can modify the log-in password via Admin > Management tabs. Please note that the username can not be modified, it will remain "cusadmin". I find it extremely weird that the Hitron CGN3ACSMR  gateway log-in would change the default password to the wireless network password, but it would keep the "cusadmin" username and not change it to the wireless SSID name.