How to log into a Rogers' modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: How to log into a Rogers' modem?

@Datalink Thanks for the advice.  My inability to login after the factory reset made me think it was a modem issue so I went ahead and got it replaced.    

My old modem was running the 7.1.1.30.  The new one is running 2.0.10.36T6.   Signal strength from the new Hitron on the down/up stream channels are running about 10-15% lower than the readings I gave you earlier.    Still can't manage the HITRON.  First few attempts worked, then it just stopped responding.  Going to repeat the ping tests and do some application testing (gaming) and I'll let you know how it goes. 

Ps.  Rogers should pay you. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

lol, payment in peanuts?

Version 7.1.1.30 is the upcoming version to support DOCSIS 3.1 upstream.  Version 2.0.10.36T6 is the current production version firmware for that modem.  I would expect to see your modem updated at some point in time.  Were you on the firmware trials list?  Maybe that explains why your modem was running 7.1.1.30?

Can you have a look at the back of the modem, specifically at the connected port LED.  It should be flashing amber indicating a 1 Gb/s interconnect rate with the router.  

Consider running a trial with the modem in Gateway mode instead of Bridge mode.  Yes, with the router behind it you will have a double NAT situation going on, but this is just for trial purposes.  

Are you running IPV6 in the router?  One other consideration is to leave the modem in Bridge mode and disable IPV6 in the router, just to see if that makes any difference. 

Edit:  did you call tech support to inquire about the OFDM channels data?  If not, that would be my next step.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I didn't sign up for the trial firmware.  Wonder if they are just testing randomly... maybe explains why there has been an uptick in complains on the forums in the last few months.

Ports are at 1gig, v6 is turned off... just in case.   Since things appear better with the new router, I'll hold off on the back to back router unless the problem reoccurs and I'll call in to get the info you suggested.  I can't get to the login screen of the router at all now, but I think I'll leave it alone until it breaks again.  

Pings are better now.  

Ping statistics for 174.115.196.1:
Packets: Sent = 3600, Received = 3593, Lost = 7 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 212ms, Average = 17ms

Ping statistics for 64.71.255.204:
Packets: Sent = 3600, Received = 3592, Lost = 8 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 173ms, Average = 16ms

Thanks for the advice.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you getting any error messages from the WAN side of the router?  And .... what router are you running out of curiosity, pfsense, opnsense, other .... ?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Using an over spec nuc with untangled. The ports are showing clean, no errors or drops.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Coda 4582 in bridge mode - no admin page?

Is it the expected behaviour that when I disabled the residential gateway functionality that there is no longer an admin console that I can connect to?

I only noticed recently as I've been having some issues and I wanted to check my signal stats @ 192.168.0.1 but it seems like the page is unreachable. I do a factory reset and I can reach it, but then as soon as I disabled gateway functionality it was inaccessible again. Is this the expected behaviour?

Highlighted

Hello, @geoken2.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community; I hope you have checked the solution post of this thread since posted.

When the modem is in bridge mode, the IP address to log in to the modem is 192.168.100.1.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

RogersMoin