How to change the main email address?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

How to change the main email address?

I know in the past there was a way to change or identify which Rogers email address was the master of all the others.

I was searching and did not see that option to make another address the master.

Is there a way to change it?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: How to change the main email address?

Hello, @TECHHEAD

I appreciate posting your query in the Community. The option to promote another email address to become the primary email address is certainly a good self-serve option.

At the moment this feature is not available through Rogers member centre. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can have the primary email address changed for you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

I followed the instructions and contacted community helps to get it done.

It works, and yes it would be great to have a self serve option, but I guess (just my opinion), that when originally designed, they were carrying over the old concepts originally defined when they ran their own service, and with @home, that we had a primary account, tied to our customer account, and then secondary accounts.  I don't think there intent in the original design and even now was to make it simple to opt out of the email once in.  Note that Rogers still controls the capacity to fully opt out of the service and cancel our emails and change primary address,  so how do they claim they have nothing to do with Yahoo mail?

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin,

ThanX for making the change.

@BS,

I have not used my Rogers accounts as an actual email for over a decade. Been using Gmail but have been bugging my wife to stop using it for the past couple of years. have cleaned out all inbox/sent/contacts.

I have now put an "auto reply" on my Rogers accounts to notify anyone who does email her/me to contact us for our current email address.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@TECHHEAD  My email has been sitting the same way for about a year and a bit since Rogers declined to advise us of the Yahoo breaches and left it to Yahoo to advise Rogers customers.

My wife was a bit slower too, plus I didn't know how to cancel my email as it was the primary account - I can now do that - my wife began about 4 months ago, and almost done with all the changes - few left overs from things she doesn't care about anyway - we have been forwarding her mail to her gmail, as I have done with mine too.

I got them to make the change, now my email is still there for a bit, with a vacation notice - saying I do not use this account anymore, with notice of the issue of Yahoo breaches, and the recent Rogers/Yahoo email privacy policies, and recommending if they have Rogers/Yahoo accounts, that they read those policies and the forums closely and make their own decision.  Implicitly I am saying I don't agree and have left.

I do this just to get the message out - although I haven't had an email from anyone but the office of the president, of which I still haven't had an answer as to why they used that email when I changed all contact emails and the management office also contacted me on gmail as requested, and I would guess they sent the OOP my original concerns with my gmail addresses.  They had to have dug to found that address for whatever reason.

I have explicitly asked why they used an alternative contact that is no longer in any of my contact or in the email and message sent to management - guess what - no answer.

My thanks to community helps for getting my primary email changed.  When it comes time, I will contact them again to cancel the accounts.

Glad you got yours done too.

Bruce

I've Been Around

Hi,

I want to change my email address please let me know how to do that

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With your rogers account, I think you are allowed to have up to 5 email addresses.

I don't think you are able to easily change say  your existing one to a NEW address, and retain all the details on it. (IE: its the same account, just different adddress)
But you could create a secondary one and start using it..

You can call in and get rogers to switch your primary one from the old to the new.