How to add a new mac address on a Hitron CGN3AMR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How to add a new mac address on a Hitron CGN3AMR

Hi guys,

I need some help on how to add a new mac address on a Hitron CGN3AMR. I have hardware that needs its mac address to be activated.

Thanks 

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How to add a new mac address on a Hitron CGN3AMR

Not quite sure what your meaning here..

Generally nothing should require for it to go out on the internet, require its mac address to be approved on the modem, etc (unless you have a higher end 3rd party router with this feature, where you need to approve them to be on your network, etc).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your prompt response, what im trying to get is I have a 3rd party hardware that needs its mac address to be added/activated to my router.

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.39.33 AM.jpg 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you saying you have a device like a laptop for example connected to a LAN port on the Gateway and it's not getting an IP Address? The laptop wont block anything based on MAC addresses, unless someome changed a setting to block the MAC Address. I would First suggest trying a different Ethernet Cable, if that does work then

I would suggest doing a factory reset of the Gateway. On the back of the Gateway use a pen or paper clip and push the reset button down for 10 seconds. This will reset it to factory defaults, however you'll have to set everything up again. If after doing that it still doesn't work, I would suggest the issue lies in the 3rd party device (laptop for example).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you (im a newbie to this community), its very helpful when you know someone whom you can lean on.

Kudos to you.

Anyways the issue is that "Lima" hardware its mac address need to be activated cause right now it only transmit data thru "relay connection" which a bit slower compare to direct connection only when the mac address will be activated. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its very possible that the Status as shown on that page is not correct.  Say for example you connect a laptop to the modem and the Status shows Inactive, but, you can still use the laptop to access the internet, then the Status indication is wrong.  I would assume that situation is the same for all of the Status indications on that page.  Is there a way to check for an IP address on that Lima device?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

yeah

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.00.05 AM.jpg