cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Determine Firmware Version for Hitron CGN3AMR in Bridge Mode?

JayEff
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I have a Hitron CGN3AMR gateway in bridgemode that I have to reboot every morning due to lost internet connection. 

Two questions:

1. Can this be fixed by a firmware update? 

2. How do you determine what the firmware version is when the CGN3AMR is in bridge mode?

Thank you,

JF

8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to Determine Firmware Version for Hitron CGN3AMR in Bridge Mode?

RogersCorey

Hello JayEff,

I personally haven't heard of this issue impacting CGN3AMR modems while in bridge mode. This sounds more like a signal fault that we would have to troubleshoot to resolve.

As far as checking your firmware version, you should be able to login to the firmware while in bridge mode with the IP 192.168.0.100 and then enter the default login credentials (printed on the back of the modem) if you haven't changed them. 

JayEff
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Corey!

Will start a call when I'm back at home tonight.

Good morning JayEff,

Are you still having this issue today? If so, please check your firmware version and reach out to us @CommunityHelps so that we can troubleshoot further.

JayEff
I Plan to Stick Around

So ends up the problem was with the cabling leading to my modem.  Technician came in and replaced all of the splitters (cleaned up the previous connections as well!) and cables and now everything is humming smoothly (at least for the internet).

Got another issue now with cable TV, but that is being dealt with in another post.

Hi @JayEff,

Glad to hear your issue was resolved after the tech's visit.

RogersZia

HANLE2USTC
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi JayEff,

My CGN3AMR reboots every few minutes by itself. I think my problem may be same with you. However, I'm not sure it in Bridge Mode. I saw in another post that you update your firmware and solve the problem. I wanna try that method but I dont know how.

@HANLE2USTC, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22 and the post installation instructions as well.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

HANLE2USTC
I've Been Here Awhile

@DatalinkThank you, I'll try that and report whether it works.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation