How do you sync Rogers Calendar with Outlook 2010

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

How do you sync Rogers Calendar with Outlook 2010

I was able to synch my email but I'm having trouble finding instructions on how to Sync my Rogers Calendar.  Any one know how?  Again, my email is fine.  Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: How do you sync Rogers Calendar with Outlook 2010

Hi @veets

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Have you tried checking Microsoft's website on how to sync calendars to Outlook?

Anyone else in community able to assist? Maybe @ShakTiburon or @Gdkitty can provide some assistance?

@RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least on the PC... that i KNOW of.. there is not a way 😞

I know on the iphone, and some others.. part of the API connectivity through the phone to yahoo, will connect that part..

But the same doesnt exist.. via the PC, that i am aware.

Normally for outlook to sync that part, as far as i know, the email service needs to support ACTIVESYNC.  Which yahoo does not.  (even gmail doesnt support activesync)

-----------

According to this.. you might be able to set up ONE WAY.. where yahoo will sync down to outlook.. but anything done on outlook wont sync back.
http://www.guidingtech.com/11557/sync-yahoo-contacts-calendar-ms-outlook/

Yahoo Sync, might do it?

https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/sync/

Rogers Employee kr6
Rogers Employee

You can sync Outlook to Yahoo Calendar using caldav (and carddav for addressbook). Use your favourite search engine to lookup caldav plugin for outlook.

I Plan to Stick Around

They DON'T sync unless some weird third party app will help you and the ones I've tried don't work.

Basically Rogers has supplied you with a calendar app that WILL NOT sync with Outlook, the worlds best selling desktop client calendar. Microsoft confirmed this to me after I called them as advised by a Rogers tech rep who had no clue. Rogers is simply unwilling to admit they have no intention of doing anything to resolve this sorry product offering and they are happy to let people fumble around in this user forum because they cannot give a straight answer to the very basic question you've asked.

I Plan to Stick Around

So the accepted solution is it can't be done?? (Or have you tried an obscure 3rd party app for which Rogers has no instructions and that doesn't work anway??) What it boils down to is Rogers is OK to supply its users with a calendar/email product that cannot sync with the worlds leading desktop calendar application. Very lame.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the same difficulty syncing my Rogers Calendar AND Contacts to Outlook 2010.

However, thank you, thank you, thank you for teaching us about "caldav" and "cardav". This has finally solved the major problem I have been having for over 9 months now which is only syncing Rogers Mail and Contacts but not my Rogers Calendar to my Blackberry. I just now succeeded in trying to only sync my Rogers Calendar because I knew right where to go to make sure "caldav" was entered. It worked! Why had I lost that ability in the first place after having my Rogers Calendar cell-phone-handy for over 3 years is beyond me. Why is also figuring out where to get good help such a hit or miss is also beyond logic.

I will now go try figuring out how to sync my Rogers Calendar and Rogers Contacts to Outlook. Good grief...