How do you change ps4 nat type on rocket modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you change ps4 nat type on rocket modem

i want to get nat type 1 on my ps4 put when i port forward on the cgn3acsmr i get nat type 2 and dmz 

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: How do you change ps4 nat type on rocket modem

Hi @Jasonkandola,

Thank you for your post I understand you're looking to get NAT type 1 port forwarding your PS4 on the Hitron CGN3_EN rocket modem. The PS4 behind any router is mostly going to only give you NAT type 2, check the following recommended summary below: 

• NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
  • NAT Type 2 (Moderate) your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.
  • NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation