How do I fix it so that I don't get doubles of every email I receive?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I fix it so that I don't get doubles of every email I receive?

I have no idea how to fix the fact that all my incoming emails with yahoo are doubled.  Meaning they are in my inbox twice.  Or sometimes one will come into my inbox and the same email will also be in the spam.  How do I fix it so that I don't get doubles of every email I receive?

*Edited Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do I fix it so that I don't get doubles of every email I receive?

Would need a little more info

How/where are you getting the email?

Is this in the webmail?
Or is it in windows mail, outlook, other email program, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's happening with every email that comes in.  I get it twice.

I'm not technically literate, so I don't understand your other questions, sorry.  

All I know is that I have my yahoo mail icon attached to my favorites bar and use that to get into my Rogers yahoo email account.  I log in, and voila, 2 of everything in my inbox.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, so you are accessing it via the website it sounds like.
Your clicking on the favorites bar in your web browser?

(vs the other methods i asked, were by accessing via a specific program and not via the website)

Most of my things to check, would be for with the programs... its very odd that you are getting TWO in the webmail..

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ptittefolle  I did a bit of researching on your issue, and it appears that you are not unique in this problem.

Most speak of the duplicates occurring when using a client on your computer, or your phone to bring the email to your computer or device, while leaving the original on the Yahoo server, but this is not what you are doing.

But you are not alone in this.

It has been popping up in threads for many years now, and there are only one that stands out to me as a possibility.

First may I ask, when did this start?

The suggestion is that there may be a corrupted email on the server, and they suggest to download all of your files to an email client, say like Windows Mail on a Windows computer (if you search how to set up a yahoo account on Windows mail via google search, you will get step by step directions on how to do that).

In the setup, you want to download all email from the server and delete the copy on the server.  That will remove all email from your yahoo account, but they are stored on your computer or device now.  Or you can select all of the email in your account in the web mail and delete them all.

Get someone to send you a test message afterwards, or use a second email account if you have one and see if that fixes it.

That is the only suggestion I could find, and unfortunately the thread I read didn't have a follow-up message to the suggestion to know if it worked.

Beyond that, got me!!

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate the instructions. I have not tried your suggestion yet; it's something I'll have to psych myself up to do as I'm not very fluent in "computer"!

Hi @ptittefolle,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you had a chance to try the steps listed by BS? If yes, then did it work for you?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ptittefolle  No rush from my perspective - it is definitely not a new one, and many have had difficulty with it, but since no-one has yet provided their result to this suggestion, it would be a good try and beneficial to all.

But I also know this solution requires some thinking and care in order to ensure integrity of your email. With over 6000 emails in my accout, it is not a task I would be eager to do.

But would love to hear how it goes.

Bruce

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

One thing that I can think of, but how it would have been done might remain a mystery is if webmail was setup to keep a copy and then forward it to the same email address.

Edited, Now that I think of it, that would setup endless copies of the same email, so that wouldn't be the cause????

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

I was able to duplicate the issue on a test email account.

I went to settings / accounts / clicked on the email account / went to forwarding at the bottom and added the test email account and selected store and forward.

When I created and sent an email to the same account, duplicates showed up in the inbox a few minutes later.

I you are unable to follow the steps to check this setting, contact tech support @CommunityHelps and ask them to check your forwarding options. They will need to temporarily change your email password but it can be reset within the webmail or at rogershelp.ca/reset.

Brian

Update: As of June 01, 2017, the direct website to change the Rogers email password is rogersmembercentre.com/change/

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 in conversation