How do I access discounted Internet for low-income family/individual customers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I access discounted Internet for low-income family/individual customers?

I recently heard (through CITY-TV Toronto news) that Rogers has offered a greatly discounted internet program for individuals/families with yearly incomes of less than $20,000.  If this is the case (which has been my case for many, many, many years now), who do I contact to access this program?  Based on the criteria indicated, I would definitely qualify--I just need to know who/how to access this program.  Thank you.

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I access discounted Internet for low-income family/individual customers?

Hello @mailbear1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Forums!

Our Rogers Connected for Success program launched as a community initiative to provide low income housing with affordable Internet. We provide discounted Internet to subsidized households under non-profit organizations that have partnered with Rogers on this initiative.

You must live in a building within an organization that is participating in Connected for Success program and have received a letter in the mail about the program. Alternatively, if you are a tenant and not sure if you qualify for the program, you can speak to your property manager or housing provider.

Hope this clarifies the eligibility requirement.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: How do I access discounted Internet for low-income family/individual customers?

Thank you.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

You're welcome @mailbear1

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I've Been Around

Hi there,

I was wondering if a student would be eligible to this program assuming he or she is not working while going to school but resuming work during the summer. And does it make a difference whether or not his or her parents are aiding him or her with financial assitance if the student is not living at home?

Thank you for your time to address this inquery.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned above, its a very 'select' program so to speak.

It really takes place only for specific communities of subsidised housing, etc.
Regardless of situation of school/work.. if you lived in one of these such locations, you might qualify. 

Otherwise, you would have to just get one of the regular plans.

I'm Here A Lot

I have been trying to reach connected for sucess, but there is no live operators, leave message and no returned calls, any direct way to access this program? I live in a qualifed buidling / Landlord

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @larrysilverberg,

Which number are you using to try and reach them?

The only number available is 1-866-689-0758, press 1 for any inquiries about the Connected For Success program including: internet package qualifications, sales, account changes and cancellations. Their hours of operation is:

• Monday to Friday: 9am - 6pm
  • Saturday and Sunday: Voicemail only

Hope this helps!

RogersCilio

I'm Here A Lot

ya I call that number there is never a live operator tried about 10 times a day, all times, days of the week. At best it goes to voicemail. Still waiting for a call back.

Got an escalated ticket for them to contact, becuse it looks like they don't answer the phone.

I am guessing becuase its a non-profit division there aren't rescources like live operators, a bit frustrating though, been trying to make contact for over a week and no response...