cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

Can one set up email FORWARDing of emails in a rogers account to another email client ie GMAIL? If so does one need an "App Password"?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I Setup Email Forwarding to a Gmail Account?

RogersCorey

Greetings @21Rouge!

Try these instructions and let me know whether or not they work:

Automatic forwarding sends a copy of incoming messages from your Rogers Yahoo Mail account to another email address. You can turn on email forwarding in Settings. The forwarding address can't be one of your recovery email addresses.

1. Click Settings Image of the Settings icon..
  2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  4. Click the primary mailbox account.
  5. Under Forwarding, enter the Forwarding Address.
  6. Click Verify.
  7. Log in to your forwarding address and follow the instructions sent there.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

RogersCorey

Greetings @21Rouge!

Try these instructions and let me know whether or not they work:

Automatic forwarding sends a copy of incoming messages from your Rogers Yahoo Mail account to another email address. You can turn on email forwarding in Settings. The forwarding address can't be one of your recovery email addresses.

1. Click Settings Image of the Settings icon..
  2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  6. Click Verify.

Regards,

RogersCorey

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

Thanks Corey. Your instructions were good.

(Odd that Rogers tech support via chat told me that it wasnt possible to do mail forwarding from a rogers address 🤔)

NEW PROBLEM!  What do we do now???

Enable automatic email forwarding in Rogers Yahoo Mail

1. Click Settings 

2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  6. Click Verify.

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

As far as I can tell the link you provided is not "correct". Do you mnd checking?

If true this would be quite inconvenient for me. 

Is there no "simple" way around this coming 'restriction'?

Hello @JPThornhill

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post with us! 🙂 Hope you are staying safe and sound! I could be mistaken, but unfortunately, I am unable to confirm this change on my end here. Can you kindly can you post the link to where you are seeing this information?

Regards, 

RogersJo 

The link?
There is a message (which I have copied and pasted exactly as shown) in my Inbox from Yahoo. If this seems inaccurate to you, how do I post the screenshot of what they have displayed in my inbox (it's clearly not an email from them) here?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JPThornhill wrote:
1. The link?
2. how do I post the screenshot of what they have displayed in my inbox

1. The link you provided in your previous post does not go to a page regarding the topic you're trying to get across.

2. When logged in and composing a  post, there is a "camera" icon at the top of the post. Click it and you can post a screenshot.

Here's a screenshot (minus any personal account information)Here's a screenshot (minus any personal account information)This is the page (https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN29133.html?impressions=true) that follows after clicking "LEARN MORE".  Pressing the highlighted text links to:  https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop?redirect=trueThis is the page (https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop/SLN29133.html?impressions=true) that follows after clicking "LEARN MORE". Pressing the highlighted text links to: https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop?redirect=true

Hello @JPThornhill 

Email forwarding allows you to manage all your other email addresses in one tidy inbox. Talk about convenience!

You're right! It does appear (This feature is going away - As of 1/1/2021 this feature will no longer available for free Rogers Yahoo Mail users. ) this feature will be discontinued as of January 1st, 2021.

Although when I navigate to the Yahoo Help & Support section it there is a sticky note about the service being discontinued however when I click on the link it doesn't work.

If I were a betting man I'd say as per the message from Yahoo regrettably the email forwarding feature will be removed as of January 1st. 

Kind Regards,

RogersMike

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

I see mentioned in several of the posts free Rogers Yahoo Mail users.

Can you diect me to a link which details the differences between a free and paid Rogers email account?

Greetings @21Rouge!

One of the primary differences is that you get direct support for Rogers email related issues from us. If you're using the free Yahoo service, you would have to contact Yahoo should you have any questions or concerns about your email service.

We have no ability to troubleshoot or resolve issues that may occur on a Yahoo email account.

Regards,

RogersCorey

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

One of the primary differences is that you get direct support for Rogers email related issues from us. 

@RogersCorey I think you might misunderstand what I was asking regarding the statement that as of 1/2/2021 this feature will no longer be available for free Rogers Yahoo email users.

So that implies that a non-free ie paid Rogers email account will continue to have the feature??

(Can you yet confirm from Rogers that Rogers email users will for sure be losing the 'simple' forwarding feature?)

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
So how do you find out if you are a FREE Rogers Yahoo email user or a PAID Rogers Yahoo email user?

I am subscribed to Rogers Ignite Internet

Also most people I know do NOT use their ISP email, in the event they move to another city where rogers does not offer services so they may have to sign up for a competitors internet service and no one wants the hastle to contact everyone and change their email address all over again,

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

These are Roger Community forums and so it is a reasonable expectation that quality answers/nformation re the questions raised in this threaad should be addressed so Rogers customers can make best decisions for their own situations.

The message that was used could have been worded better. Rogers email is considered "free" because we don't charge our customers extra for it, it's included with the service.

I apologize for any confusion but it does seem like this feature is going away for all users. 😞

Regards,

RogersCorey

I expected this was the case - Rogers is sending the notice of termination to their own paid subscribers.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an automated workaround to continue getting all @rogers.com emails to Gmail?

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

(As far as I know I have not received any email from Rogers alerting to this disappointing change in service).

As far as I know it is either fowarding or by adding it as a POP3 account. I did for a time do successfully the POP 3 route but there came a time that I began to receive this "error" message. And because of this I had made the change to "forwarding".

Mail fetch with rogers.PNG

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

@rogerscorey wrote:

I apologize for any confusion but it does seem like this feature is going away for all users.

It is now mid December and less than 3 weeks until January 1st. I am a paying Rogers Customer of course and I have not received any notice that this forwarding to a gmail account will be no more in just a short time. What's up with the lack of notification and uncertainty?

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey  wrote:

I apologize for any confusion but it does seem like this feature is going away for all users. 

I know it is early into 2021 but forwarding is 'still' working as of 5:00 am January 1st.

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

January 11, 2021 and forwarding is still operational.

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 in conversation