How To: Restore Your Rogers Yahoo Emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelYoo
I've Been Around

How To: Restore Your Rogers Yahoo Emails

I moved from Thornhill, On to North York, On on Feb 20, 2016. This move of cable TV, Internet was arranged by concierge and I was not informed that this move had any impact on my email accounts under Rogers.

However, after the move was completed, I have noticed that all my email accounts were not accessible.

Checking with Yahoo, the accounts look to be canceled. Frantically contacting Rogers, all but my primary email was restored after a day or so. My primary email which had more than a decade of information was not. Checking with Yahoo, the email account urgently needed to be reactivated as the data restoration period indicated on Yahoo was 7 days. Since then I had been expressing my urgent need to restore my email, both to Yahoo (very curteous and prompt service, btw) and Rogers (draw your own conclusions)  At 10:16 PM on Mar 10, 2016, I get an email notification from Rogers that my email was back on. Logging on, I noticed that the email account is prestine as if it was brand new account, no data!  It has no content, my years of email and folders that contain critical data are not there! Now, Mar 11, 2016, 9:48 am, just finished call with Rogers support, who said that I will be emailed with instructions to restore email, I said that I already been checking Yahoo and 7 day limit has come and gone, I was told to request anyway, so I did and hight restore point I could request was 7 days.

Now, what will happen to my email and data that I have accumulated over a decade? I really need this data.

I have sent email to Yahoo support, however, I have no way of requesting extra support to Rogers, other than phoning and waiting forever to talk to someone who will email me link to restoration form of Yahoo, which I already have and had limits on how far to go back or chat with support, spending lots of time describing the situation even when I inform the tech with outstanding case number. If Rogers restored my email within 7 days, I could have happily request Yahoo to restore and be done, the issue is it took this long to get the account back.

My original request to get my email bakc had one case number, then when I am informed of blank email account that was back, I am given new case number, why? Which case number do I provide as I suffer with on going saga? What use is case number if dialog go back to initial point when ever tech support is finally connected: phone or chat. I have requested numerous times for email, phone, anything to contact person assigned but not available. Requested escalation and expedited process (wanted resolution in 7 days, precisely to be able to restore data hassle free) with status updates, not available.

Now, what is remaining to recover my data?

Please help, help, help, help, help,........

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersMoin

Re: How To: Restore Your Rogers Yahoo Emails

Hello, @trell1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The following steps explain how to restore your rogers.com emails lost in the last 7 days. Before requesting to restore your emails, please carefully read the following information:

• Restorations aren’t always successful, but Yahoo will do all it can to restore the emails.
  • Yahoo can only restore messages lost or deleted within the last 7 days.
  • When you submit your request, Yahoo will roll your Rogers Yahoo Mail back to the restore point that you pick.
  • If the restoration is successful, any messages that you received after the restore point you have selected will be permanently deleted.
  • We strongly recommend backing up your recent emails and IMs before you request that your account be rolled back.
  • If you submit multiple requests, only the latest request will be processed.
  • Restore requests can’t be cancelled.
  • Yahoo Messenger for Mac or Yahoo Messenger for Windows older than version 10 cannot be restored.

Steps

1. From your computer, open Recover lost or deleted emails and IMs from your browser.
  2. Carefully read the precautions details before starting the restore process.
  3. Click Send a Restore Request.
  4. Login to the @rogers.com email address that you wish to restore the emails.
  5. Fill in the required fields and type in the verification code.
  6. Type in the verification code and click Create Request to submit.

Regards,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @MichaelYoo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums we definitely understand the frustration.

We would love to reach out to you via Private Message to look further into your issue of trying to recover more than a decade of your Yahoo information. I'm confident we have the ability to shed some light on this matter, to start we'll need to gain access to your account to check the status on your current ticket.

Please keep an eye on your Forums inbox, as we will be sending you a PM from @CommunityHelps!

RogersArthur

trell1
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Everything in my sent folder after August 2014 has just DISAPPEARED!! This started happening a few months ago so I changed my password and physically moving important emails I SENT into a separate folders and even that is now empty. This morning it was everything after March 2015. I changed my password and logged back in.....now its everything after August 2014. I need this FIXED!! I have crucial emails in that sent folder and NEED THEM BACK!!! Please help me!!

RogersMoin

Hello, @trell1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The following steps explain how to restore your rogers.com emails lost in the last 7 days. Before requesting to restore your emails, please carefully read the following information:

• Restorations aren’t always successful, but Yahoo will do all it can to restore the emails.
  • Yahoo can only restore messages lost or deleted within the last 7 days.
  • When you submit your request, Yahoo will roll your Rogers Yahoo Mail back to the restore point that you pick.
  • If the restoration is successful, any messages that you received after the restore point you have selected will be permanently deleted.
  • We strongly recommend backing up your recent emails and IMs before you request that your account be rolled back.
  • If you submit multiple requests, only the latest request will be processed.
  • Restore requests can’t be cancelled.
  • Yahoo Messenger for Mac or Yahoo Messenger for Windows older than version 10 cannot be restored.

Steps

1. From your computer, open Recover lost or deleted emails and IMs from your browser.
  2. Carefully read the precautions details before starting the restore process.
  3. Click Send a Restore Request.
  4. Login to the @rogers.com email address that you wish to restore the emails.
  5. Fill in the required fields and type in the verification code.
  6. Type in the verification code and click Create Request to submit.

Regards,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

trell1
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes but my problem is I require copies of emails that I sent in 2015.

RogersMoin

@trell1, if you were able to see those sent emails within the last 7 days you shall be able to get them back. Please be aware as mentioned earlier, restorations aren't always successful. However, if you remember seeing them this morning there is a high probability of restoring them.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

trell1
I've Been Here Awhile

Now everything from 2014 is gone too!! To re-iterate.....in my sent folder there are emails that I've sent in the last 5 days and then it jumps to emails in 2013. Everything in 2014 and 2015 is GONE!!! What is going on!! I need these!! The reply you keep sending me on how to restore emails from the last 7 days is not helping me!