cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I Do I Change/Use Different SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

super_robot
I plan to stick around

I have the Rogers Ignite modem/router.( black/grey square tower thing)

I want to use 2.4ghz for one of my device due to it being further away.

Thanks

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How I Do I Change/Use Different SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

asdasdwdw
I've been around

I was able to separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz following below guideline

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/1093a932-67a6-48ca-a881-f4aa23428fd9/Rogers%20WiFi-0001.pdf

basically you just need to use Ignite WiFi app -> Connect -> top right pencil thingy(setting?) -> walla

not sure why they will not just post this as a solution 🤔

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

super_robot
I plan to stick around

All sorted.. the APP offers limited settings... used the web page and found what I needed

poincare
I've been here awhile

I have the Rogers Ignite Gateway modem. I can't connect my laser printer to it, and I think this is because the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks have the same name, and it's trying to connect to the wrong one. I want to change the names for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks to be different.  But when I log in using 10.0.0.1 on a web browser, and go to 

Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit 2.4 GHz

the interface won't let me edit the SSID name. I tried going to ignitewifi.rogers.com but can't find a place to do it there either. 

Hey @poincare!

Welcome to the community!

I can completely appreciate the confusion! Setting up separate network names is possible. You can find the details needed to set up and connect your printer here :). Let us know if you have any further questions.

@RogersAndy

poincare
I've been here awhile

Thanks. I've now got separate SSIDs for my 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz networks. However, I still can't get the 2.4 ghz network to connect wirelessly to my laser printer.

The printer is an HP Laserjet Pro CP 1525nw.  It works fine when I connect to a Netgear N750 router but I can't get it to talk to the Ignite Gateway router. 

sw89
I've been here awhile

Having same problem with same printer, HP Laserjet Pro CP 1525nw. Worked fine with last router, this new ignite one won't work! Please help!

Greetings @sw89!

While we don't typically offer much support for printer setup, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Have you made sure to install the most up to date drivers for your printer? I found this link for you: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1525-color-printer-series/4052975...

Regards,

RogersCorey

asdasdwdw
I've been around

I was able to separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz following below guideline

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/1093a932-67a6-48ca-a881-f4aa23428fd9/Rogers%20WiFi-0001.pdf

basically you just need to use Ignite WiFi app -> Connect -> top right pencil thingy(setting?) -> walla

not sure why they will not just post this as a solution 🤔

LJD2005
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the link: I was able to rename 5ghz just long enough to reconnect my 2.4 device, then renamed 5 back to the same, so all one name again.

This was very helpful! got my auto cat feeder going!

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation