How Do I Change Primary Rogers Yahoo Email Address?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Frequent Visitor

How Do I Change Primary Rogers Yahoo Email Address?

I would like to change the primary Rogers Yahoo email address for my account and delete the current email address completely.  I am unable to find any information about deleting / changing primary email addresses.  Anyone have any advice?

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: How Do I Change Primary Rogers Yahoo Email Address?

Welcome to the Community @ce

To change your primary email account, you would need to get in touch with Rogers. Depending on your package you should be able to create a secondary email and ask to have it changed to the Primary email account.

Find instructions on how to create a secondary email address here

If you are looking to have this done by the Support Team on the Community Forums, Let me know so I can have someone reach out to you via Private Message.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I set up a primary rogers email account? I am trying to download emails from a 3rd party into my outlook and it says my outgoing server needs to be smtp.broadband.rogers.com and to use my rogers email account info as username and password but i don't have the latter.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think you will have to contact them via livechat or over the phone.. i beleive they have to set something up to sort of start it off.. that its the primary one linked to the account, etc.

I've Been Around

you can't,,  ,  you get to the my account under the gear when you login,   go to manage accounts,   and  all their links are all down,, all you get is cant connect  404 errors ie,, theres a section to switch secondary to primaries  -- That link doesn work,  In fact all those links are dead ends

Calling someone on line is also another challenge,  Once you finally get on line - wait times for me took just under an hour and if you go away when they reply and you dont respond because you took a bathroom break after waiting so long   boom    they drop your feed like a stone

and you got to start all over again,,  very frustating,, been trying for several days -  Hey Rogers fix your dead links,

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Please try again to contact tech support. We are there to help and I'm sorry about the call being disconnected. Dead air (no response calls) are disconnected after 30 seconds. We are open 24/7 as well.

Brian

I've Been Around

Re: How Do I Delete Primary Rogers Yahoo Email Address?

I cancelled my rogers account a long time ago but for some reason my rogers primary email account never got cancelled and remains active.  How do I get rid of it?  Every time I call Rogers they want an active account info. to connect.

Bruce

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: How Do I Delete Primary Rogers Yahoo Email Address?

Hi @BShorkey

Welcome to the Community Forum!

That's odd for your email to still active.  Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can investigate and find the solution for you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersPrasana 

I'm Here A Lot

Complete idiotic process for 2018. Rogers should make this possible through My Rogers. I haven't got hrs to wait then get disconnected. Terrible service. Looking into Bell. My connections drops about 5x's/day. If I was head of their Network Team, I'd replace them all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that it should be a little more user friendly to change it over.. 

As for your other part.. 9/10 times when you are getting drop outs like that, its more a local signal issue.. from the local node, street, box, to the house or inside.
Its still up to rogers to fix this issue.

BUT, its not like they monitor users uptime 100%, and any little drops, etc.
When there are issues, the user needs to call in, and get a tech out to look and correct things.

I have had techs out many times.. but with that have a pretty perfect signal.  And I have probably a 99% uptime.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation