cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron modem lost connectivity a few days ago - Rebooted it and now cannot forward ports

Lwang327
I've Been Here Awhile

Connection went out, and I had to unplug/replug the modem for it to work again. 

Everything seemed normal, but now all my previously open ports are closed and even turning off the modem's firewall and setting it to DMZ doesn't seem to help. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hitron modem lost connectivity a few days ago - Rebooted it and now cannot forward ports

srp7474
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersCory

After reading other solutions I decided to use the Hitron in Bridge mode and purchased a decent D-Link router that has all sorts of stats available so I can in general have a more secure environment (what with Wannacry and its ilk out there).  If I was a bad guy I would target Hitron modems because of their large install base.

Steve

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hitron modem lost connectivity a few days ago - Rebooted it and now cannot forward ports

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which modem modem and firmware is it on?

Lwang327
I've Been Here Awhile

Hitron CGN3ACSMR - Firmware Ver. 4.5.8.27

None of my settings changed on my router as far as I know, but when I try to check any ports that were previously open on sites like "canyouseeme" and other places, they say closed whereas they didn't before. 

Hi @Lwang327,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

I apologize for the delay in response, and I can certainly understand the concern for safety regarding the firewall. Are you still experiencing issues setting up port forwarding on your modem?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

@Lwang327

@Lwang327 wrote:

Hitron CGN3ACSMR - Firmware Ver. 4.5.8.27

None of my settings changed on my router as far as I know, but when I try to check any ports that were previously open on sites like "canyouseeme" and other places, they say closed whereas they didn't before. 

Disable UPNP on the Gateway

srp7474
I've Been Here Awhile

I have exactly the same problem. same software. same issue.  rogers went down. I rebooted modem. reconnected but port forwarding stopped working.  has this issue been solved. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Hi @srp7474!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

It's possible that your firmware settings were corrupted here.

I know it may be annoying, but in this case, I would highly recommend factory resetting the modem and setting up port forwarding again. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

srp7474
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersCory

After reading other solutions I decided to use the Hitron in Bridge mode and purchased a decent D-Link router that has all sorts of stats available so I can in general have a more secure environment (what with Wannacry and its ilk out there).  If I was a bad guy I would target Hitron modems because of their large install base.

Steve

View solution in original post

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation