Hitron ac modem down ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Hitron ac modem down ?

image.jpegMy internet is down since 12 noon today .

hitron cgn3ac modem.

only power light is on , on my modem.

is it defective modem? Do I need a new one to replace ?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Hitron ac modem down ?

Good day @fengjun326,

Thanks for your post!

We have reports of Hitron modems appearing offline, this afternoon.

We really want you to know that we are actively working to resolve this issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this matter may cause you.

At this time, we appreciate your patience.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

its all about the modem.

my friend was a rogers technican, told me this modem is SxxT he already replace tonts hitron ac modem to his clients.

accroding my friend told me , the modem will at least had 2 lights on , even your cable was cut off.

after i exchange a new one . its all good now.

Thank you for providing us with the update @fengjun326!

We're very happy to know thow that you can now use your internet after exchanging the equipment.

Take care & Enjoy!

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Perhaps Rogers could consider carrying the SURFboard SB8200 Cable Modem once it is available. It has to be better than these Hitron atrocities! This modem offers the same DOCSIS 3.1 performance and features as the CM8200, but is intended for retail customers, who can take advantage of its 32x8 QAM channel bonding capabilities on DOCSIS 3.0 cable systems.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arris-unveils-next-generation-docsis-31-modems-300157703.htm...

Good day Community!

We understand there has been an issue with some Hitron modems.

If you noticed that only the Power LED is blinking/on, and your modem does not come online or remains unresponsive, please bring it to your closest Rogers store. We also have the ability to schedule an appointment to have a technician come to your house to replace it, if it is more convenient for you.

If you require a technician, please send us a private message via @CommunityHelps.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

also this modem has very serious over heat issue.

now everyone need to swap their modem.

https://twitter.com/LarryObrienlw/status/673876412986695680

https://twitter.com/search?q=rogers%20modem&src=typd

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The unit DOES run hot.. but as long as it is kept UPRIGHT, and not in an overly HOT area to begin with, it should not overheat.  Almost all cases that i have seen of overheating are from people keeping it horizontal.

MOST of the wireless units will run fairly hot.
If you try any better end 3rd party router like the ASUS, Netgear, etc units, you will find will run very hot to the touch as well.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Community,

The issue we were experiencing with some Hitron modems is now fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience. If your Hitron modem is still not connecting, please swap it at a Rogers retail store.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

The Internet issues are still not fixed, still getting really slow and unstable connection