cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron Wifi Range is Awful.

Niijj4r
I've been here awhile

So I just moved into a new house 4 days ago and I changed my internet provider to rogers 150mbps unlimited internet. I recieved a gigbaite modem with it and oh boy this thing sucks big time. I have placed my modem on main floor living room , there is nothing around it for atleast 3ft any side except one side wall. Now I go upstairs in my bedroom which is right above where the modem is and the signal is so weak that I can not even watch a youtube video. I have to switch to 5g band and then it keeps disconnecting. 

Anyone else have this issue and any solutions?

I think I am gonna return the device and switch my service back to my old provider if this things is not fixed soon. I am planning to call the technician in soon and see if anything changes. 

ROGERS ARE YOU GUYS DOING ANYTHING TO FIX THIS KNOWN ISSUE? THERE HAVE BEEN POSTS ABOUT HITRON RANGE ISSUES SINCE 2014 ON YOUR VERY OWN FORUM AND IT STILL SUCKS.

***Edited Labels***

44 REPLIES 44

Re: Hitron Wifi Range is Awful.

Fr21
I've been here awhile
I had the same issue. My house isn’t huge but the wireless was real bad. I called into Rogers and they scheduled for a tech to replace the hardware. When he came, he said that there was nothing wrong with the device and that because of where the room is on the second floor, that was the reason. He recommended a wireless mesh called Eero wireless hub which Would increase my monthly. Not what I paid for! I had no problem with my other carrier in terms of connectivity. In fact, I could walk outside and still be connected! Is this issue Holton region or Milton related? I cancelled my services two weeks into my term. Rogers staff was always super nice but too bad that the product sucks .

Fr21
I've been here awhile
Should I even mention the other provider I had and am returning to? BELL. With all the excuses about metal studs and such, I had no connectivity issues with Bell. It’s actually very laughable that anyone has to purchase more gadgets to make Roger’s equipment to work but’s a band-aid and not a real solution. Come up with a better excuse! My house is no mansion.

ADVmonkey
I've been around
Same issue here. Their solution is to hose me for another $5/month for an extender
Topic Stats