Hitron Wifi Range is Awful.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hitron Wifi Range is Awful.

Hey @brianq103,

We work with Hitron to ensure that the our Gateways provide sufficient wireless performance for as many of our customer's as possible. That said, there will be situations where a provided gateway on it's own isn't capable of providing sufficient home coverage. If the Hitron gateway on it's own isn't providing sufficient range for your home and all troubleshooting has been completed we'd be happy to recommend an optimal addition to your home WiFi network. Be it with the Rogers Whole Home WiFi solution, or if you prefer investing in your own router. There are  high quality AC routers available that can exceed the range and performance of a gateway. If you're interested in the Rogers Whole Home WiFi solution feel free to reach out to technical support via live chat, phone or through us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our private messaging system you can check out our Blog!

@RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

@brianq103 wrote:

Well, considering the fact my Sagem modem from Bell worked flawlessly for 2 years before I switched to this thing, I would say that any excuses for the Hitron modem are just that, excuses.

I am also a current Bell user (I'm researching a potential migration to Rogers Ignite TV) and I'm using Bell's Home Hub 2000 (Sagemcom).  My house is not a big house, and the router is currently in the basement.  Throughout the house I have numerous devices on wifi (laptops/tablets/phones), wired ethernet and even coax HPNA connections and this thing works without issues - even 3rd floor bedrooms has no issues receiving wifi signals.

Maybe Rogers should try out Sagemcom products?  (They have DOCSIS modems too.)

I've Been Here Awhile

I had the same issue. My house isn’t huge but the wireless was real bad. I called into Rogers and they scheduled for a tech to replace the hardware. When he came, he said that there was nothing wrong with the device and that because of where the room is on the second floor, that was the reason. He recommended a wireless mesh called Eero wireless hub which Would increase my monthly. Not what I paid for! I had no problem with my other carrier in terms of connectivity. In fact, I could walk outside and still be connected! Is this issue Holton region or Milton related? I cancelled my services two weeks into my term. Rogers staff was always super nice but too bad that the product sucks .
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Should I even mention the other provider I had and am returning to? BELL. With all the excuses about metal studs and such, I had no connectivity issues with Bell. It’s actually very laughable that anyone has to purchase more gadgets to make Roger’s equipment to work but’s a band-aid and not a real solution. Come up with a better excuse! My house is no mansion.