Hitron CODA 4582 Device Filtering

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Hitron CODA 4582 Device Filtering

Hey @Jj37262!

That is most definitely an odd occurrence. I haven't encountered this myself on any available firmware. Can you confirm your modem's firmware revision for us? Does this only occur with this feature specifically, or are there any other settings within the GUI that cause the same issue?

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hitron CODA 4582 Device Filtering does not work when you switch between different wifi connections

Currently I have Hitron CODA-4582U , I have 2 wifi names one for 2.4G and another for 5G. When I setup a device to be BLOCKED under Security --> Device Filter, it works first , then if you switch the device within the same modem to use a different wifi connection or direct LAN connection this filter will no longer be working. Any help , I dont want to use the filter under wifi setting because I want to block the device no matter if its connected via wifi or Ethernet (direct connect).

Highlighted

Hello, @vaheo

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to have the ability to control what devices are connected to your home network and when. 

We've made it easier to accomplish this task by using the Rogers MyWiFi app for Android and iOS devices. You can download it in the respective App stores.

Please check out our Knowledge Base article on Pause or Block a Device’s Internet Access Using the MyWiFi App.

RogersTony