Hitron CNG3 802.11n modem bridge mode setup with 802.11 ac third party router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron CNG3 802.11n modem bridge mode setup with 802.11 ac third party router

ah, ok then, disconnect the Cisco from the Hitron modem and run a factory reset on the Cisco router with the pc still attached via ethernet.  After the reboot of the Cisco router you should be able to log into it using 192.168.1.1.  At that point you can disable the DHCP and wifi.  Save the settings, power down the Cisco, reconnect it to the Hitron modem and power it back up.  You should be good to go at that point, using the Cisco as an Access point.

When the Cisco router is disconnected from the modem and a factory reset has been completed, following the reboot you should be able to use the  ipconfig/all command I believe to check the Cisco's Gateway IP address even though it isn't connected to the internet.  It should default to 192.168.1.1 I believe when there is no internet connection available.

Whenever you want to make any changes to the Cisco settings, you will have to disconnect it from the modem, run a factory reset and then log into it to complete the changes.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Hitron CNG3 802.11n modem bridge mode setup with 802.11 ac third party router

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm. I had a brain fart, I knew how to do it. Been a long time since I screwed around with this router and my network.
Steve
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been able to turn bridge mode on in ht past. However now - what I am finding is very time I log into the Hitron modem after a reset - I am automatically taken to Rogers Easy Connect. In which case I can't configure Bridge mode OR setup my other router. Is anyone else having the same issue OR know a workaround?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sthom9 when you want to return the modem to Gateway mode how are you doing that?  Via factory reset, or are you logging into the modem using 192.168.100.1 to access the login page and then switching the modem over to Gateway mode?

I'm just wondering how you're ending up at the setup page instead of the login page, and I'm wondering if there is some issue that I haven't heard of with the change over from one mode to another?  

When you do have to go thru the setup page and then log into the modem following the setup, does the BASIC ..... GATEWAY FUNCTION tab show up as shown below and is the Residential Gateway Function Disable function working as it should, which should cause the modem to change over to Bridge mode when the change is saved?  

I'm wondering if the Gateway Function tab shows up or not, or if it appears but yet its not functional?

One of the moderators will have to approve the image so that it can be seen. 

9_BASIC_Gateway Function.png

I've Been Here Awhile

The issue I am having is that after the login page I taken directly to the easy connect instead of the screen you have sent.

In the past I was taken to the exact screen you are showing. I am wondering if there has been a change on Rogers side to the flow of how these screens are being presented.

From the easy connect you are forced to setup WiFi. After that can not access any other pages.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sthom9 when you attempt to change the modem from Bridge mode to Gateway mode how are you doing that?  

I'm asking that question as there are three ways to accomplish this:

1.  Run a factory reset using the recessed reset button at the back of the modem.  That will result in the modem rebooting back into Gateway mode with all of its previous settings reset back to default parameters and requiring you to set the modem up again. 

2.  Log into the modem using 192.168.100.1 and reset the modem using ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Factory Reset function.  The result will be the same as option 1.

3.  Log into the modem using 192.168.100.1 and set the modem back into Gateway modem using the BASIC .... GATEWAY FUNCTION .... Residential Gateway Function (set to enabled).  The modem will revert to Gateway mode with its previous settings intact.

If for some reason you end up resetting the modem thru option 1 or 2, then you have to set the modem up again.  From what I remember from the last time I did that, at the end of that setup procedure, the procedure comes to an abrupt halt and you have no access to the other modem functions.  Close the browser and restart it.  Then use 192.168.100.1 to bring up the login page.  The password is the same as the wifi passphrase that you just entered in the setup procedure  When you're logged into the modem, you can change both, modem password and wifi passphrase to different character strings if you so chose.  You should also be able to kick the modem back into Bridge mode.

When you have the modem back in Gateway mode, you can either connect directly to the modem and use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 to navigate to the login page, or, if with the router connected and the pc connected to the router, you should be able to use 192.168.100.1 to bring up the login page.