Hitron CGN3ROG and Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Hitron CGN3ROG and Port Forwarding

So I decided to return my Asus router that I had purchased (simply wasnt getting much more range to justify the price), and am back to just using the CGN3ROG.  Prior to getting the Asus, port forwarding (for a security camera) was working fine and I could log in.

However now I cant get it to work.  I can get into my router via the WAN address provided however, if I add a colon and insert the port I'm using (in this case, 92), I get a website error.

I can see that the port is forwarded in the Basic menu.  My firewall settings are minimum and allow ping to WAN (not sure if any of those matter, I also tried turning off the firewall alltogether just to see and that didnt work either).

Not sure why it was working before, but not now?  Any guesses as to a setting I have incorrect!?

Thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron CGN3ROG and Port Forwarding

The address for the camera, has not changed internally?  Its still on the same IP address? (therefore forwarding to the right one?)

I Plan to Stick Around

Yup. First thing I checked. Have set a dchp reservation on it as well.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The port forwarding on that unit.. didnt work up until a recent firmware/software update to it... perhaps its reverted to the older firmware?

You are trying to access it from an EXTERNAL source, correct? Work, mobile, etc.. to your home external IP.. you are not trying to do it to the external IP, while inside the network, correct?

I Plan to Stick Around

Firmware on it is 4.2.4.1

What's odd is that I can only access the WAN IP (the one on the status page) internally. If I use my phone, turn off wifi, and try to access the man WAN IP I can't access that page either.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just bumping for any other ideas...
I've Been Around

Hi, 

Did you manage to find a solution ? I have the same problem once I switched to the hitron CGN3ROG router.

Do share anything that worked for you.

thx.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, the solution I found was to purchase a router and put the Hitron into Bridge mode.  Found it too frustrating to deal with.

Which reminds me, I should probably exchange it for a regular modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They don't have just regular modems anymore :(. (Much to the demand of many of us)

But you could change down to a lower one than the cgn3 though, and bridge it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have set my ports many times but no matter what I am always unabled to host servers for Minecraft, terraria, or even private servers. 

This is a constant restraint Rogers routers ALWAYS put on me. How the heck do i get this fixed? I've recently gotten a new router and no change.  I am not buying a router as i know it'll end up coming out of my pocket- and get stolen by the workers who pickup the gear when services get disconnected. ( I move often)

I just currently want to portforward port21025 to open access to Starbound and play with a couple friends, and this stuff makes it so irritating. I can do it using Evolve but that limits people to downloading it and I hate having to force people into that kind of situation. Here's my current setup

http://puu.sh/9CcDD/b6366ab74e.jpg

CGN3ROG Hitron Router

Starbound 21025~21025 1~1 TCP 192.168.0.10

I've also tried TCP/UDP and no luck.