Hitron CGN3 private network change for the last two night

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Hitron CGN3 private network change for the last two night

I have the Ignite 100 with the Hitron CGN3 .  I have the  modem for at least 2 years and nothing like this happen before.  For the last two night, I woke up with my internal network all change/mess up.  My internal network always configure to be 192.168.0.x but it has change to 169.254.x.x which I don't exactly remember.  I can't even get into my modem (192.168.0.1).  I have to do a hard reset (using a pin on the hole).  It happen last two night in a row.  Without the reset, I can't even get into the modem and none of the device in my house can connect to the internet.  

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Re: Hitron CGN3 private network change for the last two night

@siuolly wrote:

I have the Ignite 100 with the Hitron CGN3 .  I have the  modem for at least 2 years and nothing like this happen before.  For the last two night, I woke up with my internal network all change/mess up.  My internal network always configure to be 192.168.0.x but it has change to 169.254.x.x which I don't exactly remember.  I can't even get into my modem (192.168.0.1).  I have to do a hard reset (using a pin on the hole).  It happen last two night in a row.  Without the reset, I can't even get into the modem and none of the device in my house can connect to the internet.  

The 169.254.etc.etc means that your device(s) are not being assigned an IP address. If a factory reset is resolving the issue, then swap your modem for another. Happening once is OK, but happening more than once, your modem is failing. If you have the ignite100 plan or up, you can upgrade to the Coda Gigabyte modem for no additional charge.

You can take your modem, power adapter and photo ID to the nearest Rogers Plus store for exchange. You do NOT need to call tech support first.

Brian

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@siuolly

You can goto a Rogers store and swap the modem, I would suggest getting the new CODA 4582 Modem, since you are on Ignite 100u you can get the new modem. 

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.  Will do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like what was happening to me in the last week (before i switched to the CODA modem)

I think on the CGN3, they are now enabling the IPv6.. though something is flakey with it.

I was getting the same thing, where things would work/connect initially.. then after a random amount of time.. stop getting a v4 address.

I'm Here A Lot

I think you are right.. something is fishy with the IPV6 enable.  Went to Rogers yesterday.  The ran out of CODA and gave me a refurbished CGN3.  Network fail again this morning.  I hate to wake up every day and need to do a hard reset on my modem and reconfigure.  I am looking into another shop that has the CODA modem otherwise I am just going to move on from Rogers.  Its a pain.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Gdkitty, I wondered if you have any further problem after you switch to the CODA modem?