Hitron CGN3 only works for Destiny (Xbox360) in bridge mode

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Hitron CGN3 only works for Destiny (Xbox360) in bridge mode

Yeah, im pretty mad this is really annoying. I get this modem/router today, have my own set-up going with x2 apple airport extremes, got home, plugged everything in, turn on Bridge mode, internet working fine.. go to play destiny having same issues. 

So, even if you have your own router do not waste your time. Also my net package use to be like 2mbs up and 28mbs down now it 100 and 10 but when i run my xbox internet stats,  I have the same 1% loss which never existed before.

Quite honestly, I don't know why you make us get a new modem within 5 days of a new package or we will be penalized yet I follow everything you ask and I get messed over in the end. Soooo fed up. Make me fix something that isnt broken and worked just fine, nothign was wrong with my SMC and nothign in my house uses AC wifi nor does any internet package you provide make it worth having. 

I mean hey, if you find a solution im all ears. but to hear "Oh the firmware isnt ready." 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I 100% agree that these firmware issues should have been dealt with before it was released, etc.

But there ARE reasons to going to these series of modems.

Your SMC is a 4 channel modem.  While i beleive it could do up to something like 300mbps.. to technically could handle the new package speed wise.. it would be HOW WELL.
As more and more people are wanting MORE speed.. to provide that all at the same time.. the existing channels start to get crouded.. and can get slowdowns.
Going to these new ones, they are 24 channel.. almost all but eliminate that problem.

But they do have OTHER problems.
MOST people though, are able to bridge and it resolves MOST.

Hitman100, it sounds though like you have the CGN3ac unit.. i would see if you can swap it with the regular CGN3.. its rock solid in bridge... vs the AC model is having issues at the moment.

I've Been Here Awhile

I took back the AC version for the Advanced and it seem to work fine. I was reading the League of Legends thread. Thanks for the reply.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I currently switched from the ladybug modem to a higher plan 100mb . I have my xbox one hooked up and I keep getting disconnected every few minutes this happens in fifa 15 as well other games run fine . My nat is open everything is running smooth . I switched 3 modems and had 3 techs come and I still get kicked how can this be happening my old modem was fine . Anyone got any solutions.???

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issues o have the advanced wifi one and I can't seem to stay logged in destiny long eneugh , rogers said I can switch to the rocket one but I'm not sure if that will fix my issues . Some advice would be appreciated
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The key to getting a good gaming experience with Destiny (and any game really) breaks down to 3 areas:

• Low latency connection
  • 0% packet loss
  • Proper port forwarding (or equivalent)

If you are using an Xbox One you run a test to see these details. From the main dashboard screen press the start button, go to Settings > Network > Detailed Network Statistics. On the Xbox 360 this is under System > Network > Network Statistics (I don't have a Playstation 3/4, sorry. There should be something similiar). When this runs it will show your latency, packet loss, and NAT type. What you are looking for is the following:

• Latency under 120ms depending on location. The lower this number the better.
  • 0% packet loss
  • NAT type as "Open NAT"

Make note of your results and run the test a few more times. On each subsequent test, you are looking to see if your results remain consistant. Based on the results, here would be your next steps:

• If your packet loss is not 0%, we need to identify the source of this. Are you wired or wireless? If you are wired, can you try a new cable? If wireless, can you try using a cable? Could your wireless connection be experiencing interference (i.e. microwave nearby, cordless phones, baby monitor)? Is your network connecting being heavily used (i.e. downloading large files, roommate running torrents)?
  • If your latency values are fluxuating wildly (i.e. more than 15ms difference between tests), then this may be an issue. Is your network connecting being heavily used? Can you share the DOCSIS WAN readings from the router?
  • If your NAT type is not "Open NAT" you need to address this. If you are using an Xbox, check out http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution. I don't have details for PS3/4, sorry. You can check out http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html and this might help you. Other work around are to put your Xbox/Playstation into your routers DMZ, or to enable uPNP/NAT-PMP on your router.

If your issue is intermittent, be sure to run this test when you are experiencing the problem. Also to be really clear, the modem experiencing issues with League of Legends/packet loss is the Hitron CGN3ACSMR. The Hitron CGN3 modems don't seem to have the same firmware problems (but also don't have 802.11AC wireless support), so you may want to double check your model number.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to fix my Destiny "contacting servers" issue. I have tried contacting microsoft and followed all of their instructions also my service provider. I am aware about the upgrade but tell me does the firmware upgrade fix anything? Because so far its only Destiny that seems to be effected by this. Any thoughts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The update does not fix everything.  It addresses the latency through the modem and the problem specific to League of Legends. It also appears to stabilize data rates for Twitch and World of Warcraft. PS3 and PS4 consoles appear to be an issue at this time with the CGN3ACSMR, in which case the CGN3 appears to be the modem of choice.   There is a comment from another forum member using XBL, which I believe is XBox Live, who indicated that the update "......seems to have fixed all my gaming issues I am on XBL and now I have no lag connect to parties right away and find games in a second......"  Somewhere within the recent threads is a comment regarding Destiny which I will attempt to locate.

Are you playing on an xbox (I'm assuming yes here)?

There is another forum member playing Destiny on an Xbox, but i haven't seen a post from him indicating whether or not the update solved the issue specific to Destiny.

Ok, found another post #282 in the following thread which indicates success playing Destiny with the firmware update completed:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2463...

I'm Here A Lot

Hey I don't know if you have found a solution to your probelm yet but I'm in the same boat as yourself. The problem is with the CGN3AC modem. I spoke to an agent yesterday and they told me about a firware update that will roll out today. He told me at the moment they are rolling it out to customers whom are calling in with Ping and Latency issues but it will be a wide release soon. Hang in there as I know exactly how you feel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you contact @CommunityHelps, they can push it out to you, before the global release.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 in conversation