Hitron CGN3 Web UI crashing?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hitron CGN3 Web UI crashing?

Given the problems with this unit I have switched to Gateway mode.  Yesterday while configuring stuff like Port Forwarding in the Web UI I had the Web UI crash on me.  I had to reboot the modem to bring it back.  I can't remember if I lost my internet connection or not.

Today while again doing stuff in the web UI it has gone down.  I can ping the router's IP and I get the usual slowish times, but when I try the IP address in a browser it just times out.

Note that I have changed the IP to 192.168.1.1 and changed the subnet mask to 255.255.254.0 but those shouldn't matter.

Has anyone else had this problem?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Hitron CGN3 Web UI crashing?

So after about 5 minutes it came back up, but then I tried to browse to the Port Forwarding tab and it crashed again, this time bringing down my internet connection.  Oy Vey.

I've Been Here Awhile

Mee too on a brand new unit I picked up yesterday. Both HTTP and HTTPS crashed.

I've Been Here Awhile

This also occurs for me, i'm unable to manage any of the settings on the BASIC tab including port forwarding.  Doesn't look like they have solved this problem yet either.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You CAN.
You just need to wait.

(no you shouldnt have to.. but it does work)

When you go to the basic tab, it appears that is crashes.  But it is just LOADING the clients table at the bottom. (loading all the connected devices IP/MAC addresses.

If you leave it on this page, for a good 3-5 minutes, it will load the table below.

AFTER this has loaded, you can change to the forwarding tab, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

My hitron modem doesn't get past the first tab on the basic screen it never loads the connected devices, i get a full timeout and then have to log in again. I cannot get to the port forwarding screen. I don't understand why Rogers got into home appliances, they should have stuck with straight cable modems and the end user could do what they want with their own router. I can do a factory reset but that is a headache.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which browser are you using? Perhaps one times out over another. 
I am using IE11.

You can still always use your own router if you want, and turn the CGN3 into a modem only.

IF you can get into the section, you can turn in BRIDGE MODE youself (turn off the gateway function).
If you can not, you can always call in and get them to do it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem from the beginning (so over 2 years now) and I am very frustrated about this. I purchased this modem from Rogers but now I regret it.

When the GUI crashes, I have absolutely no options other than rebooting the modem. I can wait a day or week long, but the screen will never finish loading. Closing the web browser and reopening, does not help. I use all kinds of browsers (various versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome) several different computers, iPad and the problem still exists. It looks almost like I have a memory leak in the firmware of my modem, but in fact my current firmware is not old: 4.2.4.6

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With that firmware, i am guessing its a straight CGN3??

I am on that one at home.. and it works perfectly fine.

I can log in/out any time of the day without issue.. all screens load properly.   It hasnt rebooted probably in 6+ months?

I am wondering if there is something flakey with that particular one