Hitron CGN3 WIFI issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron CGN3 WIFI issues

Are you trying to connect with the 2.4 or 5 Ghz networks?  Doing some quick searching it looks like the Broadcom SDIO adapter and Apple Ipad 2 should be able to connect with a 5 Ghz network.  The playstation, still searchng but I suspect that it supports 2.4 Ghz only.  If you haven't tried the 5 Ghz network, I'd suggest turning off the 2.4 GHz network for test purposes and turn on the 5 Ghz network and make sure that it has a separate network name.  Don't use the same name on both networks.  Try connecting the Ipad 2 and Asus Transformer and see what turns up.

Here's a couple of links regarding the Broadcom SDIO adapter that I came across that may be of some interest and use.

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-book-t100-general-discussions/42670-interest...

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-book-t100-help/40877-help-asus-transformer-b...

It looks like the broadcom adapter might not be very fast.  Do they all the devices connect at useful data rates?

Edit:  The PS4 contains a Marvell Avastar 88W8797 which supports multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/gn/ + Bluetooth 4.0 with Low Energy Support (BLE) plus FM radio.......The Marvell ® Avastar™ 88W8797 is a highly integrated 2x2 wireless local area network (WLAN) System-on-Chip (SoC), specifically designed to support high throughput data rates..... With a 2x2 antenna system it can support data rates up to MCS15 (300 Mbps).  The block diagram shows that it can support 5 Ghz networks but comments online indicate that 5 Ghz is probabaly not enabled.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 5ghz turned off. Going to run with this for now and I'll see how things go. More I touch, more I'll probably break at this point hah. We'll see through out the week of the wifi slows down requiring a reboot or if it'll stay.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If that CGN3 is a total pain, take it back and trade it in.  Don't bother fighting with it.  Hopefully you will get one that has firmware version 4.2.4.3 loaded. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya. I've had to upgrade the modem 3 times in the last year or so. Going from plain old high speed, to faster to hybrid. If the store wasn't 35 mins out, I wouldn't mind. Gets old fast though. Just annoying cause wired, stuff is fast.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink wrote:

If that CGN3 is a total pain, take it back and trade it in.  Don't bother fighting with it.  Hopefully you will get one that has firmware version 4.2.4.3 loaded. 

But you have no way of preventing it from getting the firmware upgraded unless Rogers decides to stop pushing this upgrade so that may only buy you a day or two of time.

These devices have a history of poor functionality either due to poor hardware or poor software/firmware. I think you are better off using them for as little as possible so that means put it in Bridge mode and use your own router.

I'm a Regular

discovered that turning off 5G causes the Wireless Clients list to hang and you can't get back into the router without a reboot

make sure 2.4 and 5G are turned on and saved, reboot the router and the Wireless Clients list should be accessible

note: its possible that the router has not cleared the list from devices that were previously connected... you can try changing the lease time to 30 minutes temporarily and wait a while before checking the Wireless Clients list

I've Been Around

Since the maintenance on March 7 2015 my WIFI is not working.  I have tried reseting the modem, and have attempted to reset up the wireless network. http://192.168.0.1 login: cusadmin password:password is no longer valid.  I am looking for a solution.  From the forums I am wondering if Rogers is even aware of this issue. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Could you expand on the "maintenance" that has occured?  Usually if you can't login to the modem, the easiest way to solve that is to run a factory reset.  Depress the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 30 seconds and release.  That will initiate a factory reset and reboot.  Once complete, you should see the 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi LEDs lit on the front of the modem, indicating that both wifi networks are up and running.  Give the reset a try and let us know how its turning out.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I also have a CGN3 and believe that Rogers updated the firmware today. Now I cannot connect anything to the 2.4G side of the gateway and the 5G is very slow.

The admin page at 192.168.0.1 is very, very slow and unsresponsive if I click 'Wireless'..

I cannot use my iPads, AppleTV or any of my PCs now?????  What is going on??

Hello @Sorbz62,

Sorry for the connection issues, currently there is no new firmware update scheduled for CGN3.

I’d like to help. I’m going to have someone reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats