Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

I was trying to use the HTTP service and chose port 80. When that failed I tried other port numbers without success. I can find another way for my application but would still like to go back to using HTTP as I had done with my previous Rogers modem.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This must be something up with just the ACSMR model.. as the regular CGN3 port 80 works fine.

If you dont need the AC, going down to the regular CGN3 may be an option.

BEST option overall, would be to put the modem in bridged mode, and using a GOOD 3rd party one.. which would allow it no issues, and have much better OTHER configuation options.

I've Been Here Awhile

I forgot to mention it in the original post, but I have the proper exceptions set up:

I also have tried disabling the firewall completely, as you said, and it still did not work. I even tried setting my computer as the DMZ host. This issue is very frustrating, because port forwarding worked just fine on my CGN3ROG. I upgraded because I was having signal problems in the far parts of my house. That issue has been solved, but now another has arisen. Thank you for the response though, I appreciate it. I might just do as others have said and get a cheap third party router and set this one into bridge mode, if I can't get this issue resolved.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Food for thought if you're going down the road of buying a router, don't go ultra cheap as that can cause just as many headaches.  Look for something with external antenna and gigabit WAN and LAN ports.  Also consider something with 802.11ac capability such as the Asus RT-AC55U.  I'd personally recommend something like the RT-AC66U or RT-AC68U.

I've Been Here Awhile

Did you manage to resolve? have the same problem. I can connect internally (using the internal IP from another PC on my LAN) but the port forwarding with the public IP from outside my network does not work as well...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What port are you tying to forward??

And are you then trying to access the external IP from internally?
Or from an external source?

I've Been Here Awhile

i tried internally with the local IP address to make sure port is open and minecraft server is working - all worked well.

when trying from remote network with the public IP and the same port being forwarded, it doesn't work...

I have a local static address set (not reserved DHCP)...

I've Been Around

Hitron CGN3ACR Not portforwarding

Hi. 

We used to have a router that was hitron technology, and it wouldnt let me portforward, I swear I did everything perfect to portforward a game called Minecraft. It didnt work . Now, We got a new router, and I did everything in order for the portforward to work , i portforwarded the port 25565, and its not working! Smiley Sad I literally did everything, I've portforwarded before so I know what its all about, what can I do? -_-

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The IP of the device to forward to, is static? (doesnt change)

How are you trying to check that its working or not?

Are you trying to connect to the EXTERNAL IP address from a computer inside your network?

These dont support 'loopback' and would have to test from an external machine from your own network.

I've Been Around

Hi, I have a hitron CGN3ACSMR. Everytime I try to port forward, I get kicked out of the page. then when I put the ip adress in, it says page not found. Then I have to unplug the modem just to get back on the page. Any suggestions?

Topic Stats