Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

I am accumulating experience with port forwarding on the Hitron CGN3ACSMR. My interest is accsessing my Raspberry Pi 2 remotely from its location from my home for video streaming on the web.

I have followed the instructions for port forwarding provided on the Rogers site. This is what I have found:

1. On SSH service port 22 always shows open and works.

2. On HTTP service port 80 is always closed, either locally from next to the Pi or remotely through LTE on my iphone.

In addition any port number I choose for HTTP remains closed.

I think HTTP remains closed either through firmware or otherwise in the Hitron CGN3ACSMR or Rogers is blocking HTTP service.

I've Been Here Awhile

Still no luck with port forwarding. Is anyone had success with port forwarding on acsmr? If so, i will try to change gateway at rogers store. What should be my next step?
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @write_2_mani

I just wanted to add my insight on your situation. So far I understand you're trying to open ports on the Rogers Hitron CGN3ACSMR modem to allow access to remotely view your Foscam ip camera. Although this is not something we support I would suggest setting the modem to gateway mode and try port 80 in all fields for public and private to the cameras local IP address using both TCP/UDP protocol. Click here for more information or click here to use our Rogers TechXpert technical support experts online or by phone.

Regards,

RogersArthur

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which package are you on?

Unless its necessary.. i would say try and switch to the CGN3 regular if you can.   You will loose the AC wireless though.

But the forwarding i KNOW works on it..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@keithaldridge wrote:

I am accumulating experience with port forwarding on the Hitron CGN3ACSMR. My interest is accsessing my Raspberry Pi 2 remotely from its location from my home for video streaming on the web.

I have followed the instructions for port forwarding provided on the Rogers site. This is what I have found:

1. On SSH service port 22 always shows open and works.

2. On HTTP service port 80 is always closed, either locally from next to the Pi or remotely through LTE on my iphone.

In addition any port number I choose for HTTP remains closed.

I think HTTP remains closed either through firmware or otherwise in the Hitron CGN3ACSMR or Rogers is blocking HTTP service.

If anything, its a bug in the ACSMR..

As i know that rogers is not blocking the HTTP service.. as i have two HTTP ports forwarded on the regular CNG3.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I have recently found that I am having troubles manually port forwarding using the Hitron CGN3ACSMR. Here is an example of one of my rules:

The program in question requires that I have multiple ports forwarded, which is the reason for my range being like that.

Even though this seems correct, I am still getting a closed port on every port checker I can find. I tried asking a friend to check it with the same site, using my IP and port, and it still came back closed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or does the CGN3 not support forwarding?

Sorry if anything I said sounds kinda wacky, I'm not exactly what you might call techincally inclined.

Thank you in advance to anybody willing to help, and I hope my problem gets solved, because not being able to run a server to play games with friends is kind of upsetting.

Have a lovely day.

EDIT: I just attempted a factory reset, and still no luck.

I've Been Here Awhile

any luck with port forwarding on cgn3acsmr ?

I'm Here A Lot

Port forwarding for HTTP on 80 still will not work on my ACSMR Hitron. My next option is exchange my new Hitron for another one to find out if the problem is with Rogers or my Hitron.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Chisoph,

Are you using Windows 7 or newer? If so, ensure that the integrated Windows Firewall is disabled or has the appropriate port exceptions set up (recommend the latter, but try disabling integrated Windows Firewall and then testing to rule it out as a problem). 

I'm an Advisor

@keithaldridge wrote:
Port forwarding for HTTP on 80 still will not work on my ACSMR Hitron. My next option is exchange my new Hitron for another one to find out if the problem is with Rogers or my Hitron.

Hello @keithaldridge,

Dies the application have to be port 80, or can it use another port? As others said, there is something strange going on with forwarding port 80 usimg the new CGN3ACSMR.