Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

I used yougetsignal.com which has worked for me previously. It shows 22 open and 80 closed.

I've Been Here Awhile

Issue with port forwarding on Hitron CGN3ACSMR Gateway

I am trying to connect my ip camera to Rogers gateway. I am not using this Hitron CGN3ACSMR in Bridge mode. I do not have any other external routers at home. My Foscam ip camera is connected to one of the LAN port behind my Rogers Gateway. IP camera is assigned with LAN ip address 192.168.0.21. I am trying open port for my ip camera using port forwarding. I followed below process.

In the Gateway GUI, Clicked on Basic ---> Port Forwarding ---> All Port Forwarding rules is (Enabled) ---> Add Rule  ---->

Services ---> Application Name (Foscam) ----> Public/Private port (48639) ----> Protocol (TCP) ----> Private IP address (192.168.0.21) ----> Remote IP address (Any) ----> Rule Status ( On) ----> Apply changes.

I am able to view ip camera using private ip address (192.168.0.21) but not through my public WAN ip address. I have tried different port no and tried other protocols (TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP) , but no luck.

Anyone have succeeded in port forwarding on Hitron CGN3ACSMR Gateway without by passing its router functionality. If so, please guide me. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty is the expert on this, but the short story is that the Hitron modems don't have a wrap around feature, so, you will have to check for the port forwarding success, or, lack thereof, by using an external computer, phone, etc, something outside of your network.  It might be working, but you would have to check it from an external IP address.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just now checked if port 48639 is open using open port checker. The port is closed. Also i tried on my android phone by switching off the wifi and connected through LTE network. No luck... Smiley Sad

Any work around? Is it firmware issue? New to rogers. 

Hardware Version 1A
Software Version 4.5.8.16
I'm a Reliable Contributor

CGN3ACSMR - When port forwarding, modem webpage becomes unavailable

I'm not sure what is happening however, when I log into my CGN3ACSMR to portforward (portforward setting page), suddenly the modem webpage becomes unavailiable. Now, when I go to 192.168.0.1 it states: "This webpage is not availiable ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

To solve this problem I have to unplug, and replug the modem, however I've had this problem occur twice. Something is probably wrong with the modem, and I am not able to port forward. 

+ When I plug in the AC adapter in the modem, it  creates sparks (FIREHAZARD?)

Any insights to my problem above would help!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The problem with the login page has been previously noted.  It would appear to be a bug that requires attention.

As for the AC adapter, I would not leave it plugged in.  Take both the modem and AC adapter to the nearest Rogers store and swap them for a serviceable set.  My guess is that possibly the cable that is close to the plug at the modem end is probably breaking, causing the cable positive and negative wires to short together.  That shouldn't happen.  So, for now, unplug the adapter from the wall socket and swap both modem and adapter.

Thanks for the reply! I'll take it to the store as soon as I have time, and is it likely to receive a CGN3ACSMR with the latest firmware?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now thats an interesting question.  I would hope by now that anything coming out stock these days would have 4.5.8.16 loaded, but, you won't know until you boot it up and check to see what it has.  Sorry, can't give you a better answer than that Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@write_2_mani wrote:

Just now checked if port 48639 is open using open port checker. The port is closed. Also i tried on my android phone by switching off the wifi and connected through LTE network. No luck... Smiley Sad

Any work around? Is it firmware issue? New to rogers. 

Hardware Version 1A
Software Version 4.5.8.16

Sorry a little late to the game here in replying.

While i dont have an ACSMR model, i only have the CGN3..
The forwarding SHOULD work as far as i know.. i think 22 and one other port, is the only ones that i know they specifically block.. the other ports SHOULD be open if you have the forwarding on.
Unfortunately without having the ACSMR, i cant test that port either Smiley Sad

But with the ACSMR, i have two web ports forwarded (80 for my private webserver and 32400 i think it is, for my PLEX server), as well as an FTP port for when i turn on my FTP server.  And dont have any issues with them.