Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Would need a little more information.

What is your setup?

Are each of the cameras, etc on STATIC IP addresses?

What info have you entered into the router?

How /where are you testing to see if it works?
Many routers, including the rogers one, DOES NOT allow LOOPBACK. 

So you can't test it from internal..  while inside your own network, you can not put the outside IP and view it that way.

You have to check from another external source outside your own network.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have static ip for my NVR and each cam, all port forwarded. I do a WAN port test (canyouseeme.org) and the ports are actually opened, but, still can only access the NVR or idividual camers from within the network (using the assigned ip followed by assigned ports). The router's security firewall is set low, even tried with off. I tried adding the NVR's IP to the DMZ list, no luck. Other than port forwarding each cam, I forwarded three ports for the NVR, the HTTP (1025), TCP (5000) and TTSP (554). The odd thing, I can access my router through WAN via the assigned IP, however, I cannot access the router through the WLAN if I set my NVR to port 80, that is why I choose 1025 HTTP port for the NVR.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And just to double check you are trying to connec then to it, via an external internet source?

Wireless device, work, someone elses internet?

Port 80 should work.. i have a small web server running on 80 and it forwards fine.

I've Been Around

Hey folks,

I'm having problems with forwarding ports on the CGN3ACR for use with the Playstation 4. I've followed the instructions from portforward.com, but they provide a port checking utility that requests their server to attempt a reach over specific ports, and it's indicating no response/not open. 

As I understand it, when these ports are correctly opened, the Playstation 4 will register a NAT type 1 instead of 2.

What do you think?

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@Iramar

Welcome to the Community Forums Smiley Happy

Even if the ports are correctly configured it can still show a Nat Type 2.

If it shows 3 it means it's strict and some features do not work.

• NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues. 
  • NAT Type 2 (Moderate) –Your PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues. 
  • NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

If you want your Playstation to be completely unrestricted, I would recommend placing it in DMZ mode on the router.

Regards,

RogersMay

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Or, do one of the following:

1.  Enable UPNP in the modem interface under BASIC... GATEWAY FUNCTION:

2.  Disable UPNP, create a static IP address using the DHCP reservation function under BASIC.... LAN followed by setting the ports for forwarding under BASIC.... PORT FORWARDING.

I personally never recommend placing anything in the DMZ unless its for a quick test.  If you happen to be a very experienced internet user, and understand the security issues of running a device in the DMZ, ok, but, it you have any reservations about security, then don't use the DMZ.

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers recently changed my modem/router to a CGN3. I have been able to forward port 22 on SSH but not port 80 on HTTP.  The Hitron is running on version 4.5.8.16

Can you advise me on how to open port 80?

Keith

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

4.5.8.16..  so you are on a CGN3ACSMR then?

(just confirming, as i am on the regular CGN3, though it should be the same)

Port 80, SHOULD be able to be opened and forwarded.. no issues.  (it is on the regular cgn3)

As long as you put in 80, and point to your internal IP, thats all you should need to do.

Just in case you were not aware, the router part DOES NOT support  LOOPBACK.

You can not enter in your EXTERNAL IP while you are internal.. and have it work/view. 

You would have to view from an external internet source.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, to confirm, I am on a CGN3ACSMR.

I have pointed to my internal IP for both HTTP on 80 and SSH on 22. To avoid requiring loopback I switched off the wifi and tested port forwarding on LTE. This shows port 22 open and port 80 closed.

Am I correct in assuming that using LTE on my iPhone avoids loopback?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, LTE should work.

were you using a site to test open/close.. or trying to go to your own server/site?

Topic Stats