Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

With the same hardware and software versions, I think you should be ok.  I can't imagine the backup file targeting a specific modem, but the assumption here is that the restore process worked as it did before.  Hmmmm....  Given that assumption, I would do a factory reset and reconfigure everything manually just for test purposes.  You could call tech support and ask if that specific port is now blocked or occupied by Rogers for some reason with the recent firmware update.  That has happened recently with another port which I can't remember. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Today my son found that port forwarding works again.

I didn't do anything on my side.

I think that Rogers unblocked or released the port.

Thank you for your help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting.. glad to hear it.

Only thing i could think of otherwise which maybe happend.

If they have some sort of anti-spam-ddos type thing in effect... if that port was being overly spammed by connections or something.. perhaps it locked it temporarily.

I've Been Around

I tried to port forward the port 25565 and when I checked to see if the port went through it had not.

I am not aware of why this doesn't work.

Hi @lindalou ,

We have already discussed this topic and has an accepted solution for your query in this thread.

Let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi 

I am trying to set up my blue ray BD-5100 to connect with the internet and I am getting the error message HTTP port maybe blocked please check firewall settings.  How do I do that?

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is probably a different issue that whats in this thread.

Most of all this stuff, is about INCOMING http connections from outside (to say a webserver hosted INSIDE)

Your Bluray would be trying to go out via HTTP just like your computer would out to the internet.. which is not blocked.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi ...is there something you can recommend when it says my HTTP is blocked --how I can unblock it
Retired Moderator RogersAdam
Retired Moderator

Hi urbansoul,

Basically what Gdkitty said. If outgoing HTTP was blocked, you wouldn't be able to post here, even Smiley Happy

This might be something specific that your blueray can encounter. Have you maybe checked the manufacturer's FAQ about this?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you tried a network test yet?  Sometimes devices such as blue ray players won't connect until that is done.  Have a look at page 11 of the manual:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201407/20140721144323001/02285B-01-BD-F5100-ZC-0708.pdf

Do you have a laptop handy to check out the connection from the ethernet cable end at the blue ray player location to the modem, just to make sure that the cable and connections at the ports are ok?  All you would have to do is disconnect the cable from the blue ray player and connect it to the laptop.  Start the laptop and while its starting up, look at the back of the modem to determine if the port LED is alive and showing green for 100 Mb/s connection or amber for 1 Gb/s connection.  If the port LED is not lit, then there is a problem with the cable or the connections at either one of the ports on the modem or laptop is causing a problem.

Topic Stats