Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Hitron CGN3ACSMR port 22 blocked?

Hi: I recently switched to the CGN3ACSMR modem (using latest firmware) and have configured port forwarding for port 22.  Unfortunately I am unable to access port 22 from outside my network.  I verified with http://www.canyouseeme.org/ by entering my IP address and port 22 which results in:

Error: I could not see your service on xx.xxx.xx.xxx on port (22)

Has anyone else had this issue?  Forwarding other ports seems to work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

22, and I believe 443 are 'reserved' so to speak as far as I am aware.

That they are not accessible from outside, even with forwarding on.

From what I have gleamed, they are both used by rogers management. (for them remote helping check the modem, pushing fimware, etc).

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the info.  This was working for me until I changed to the CGN3ACSMR modem, so I'm wondering if it's something local to the modem, Rogers' firmware on the modem, or something else.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, the ones prior to the CGN3, I think they were not blocked.  But they are on the CGN3.

I've Been Here Awhile

Are incoming ports 80 and 443 filtered by Rogers?

As I was configuring port forwarding, I noticed no traffic comes to port 80 or 443 while any other ports seem to be fine.

I have SSH on port 22 working as instance and port forwarding ok.

Can Rogers confirm whether both incoming ports 80 and 443 are filtered at the networking layer for residential connection?

Is there any way to get this changed?

Hello, @borisnet.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. Thank you for joining and for posting your query in the Community! Smiley Happy

We have discussed this matter in post 96 and at other places of this thread. Those ports are not available as you have assumed. You may want to elaborate on what you are trying to use those incoming ports so that the Community can suggest alternatives if possible. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you @RogersMoin for the reply and merging my post (which moved while I was typing my answer ;-))

While I understand Rogers policy, it would be nice to offer customers the ability to activate this with the right disclaimer in place.

For selfhosted app with let's encrypt, a valid certifcate can only be issued when port 80 is reachable.