Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Hitron CGN3 Port Forwarding

I'm having the same problem,  I was on the phone with rogers last night with no luck.  I even set up port trigger to see if it helped.  I have an IPcam on static IP reserved, forward port 9001.  I've used my LTE phone to check for the port to open..no luck. I'm using NO-IP for DDNS.    

I'm Here A Lot

I confirmed that Rogers CGNM 3553 modem/router has an issue with port forwarding.   I bridge the the CGNM and used TP-Link with DD-WRT...ports are open.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Why is there a port forwarding rules limit?

I have 27 customs and I cannot add a 28 for my game.

What the heck Rogers!!!!!!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Cant forward ports on hitron CGn3 for openvpn

I'm trying to connect to my vpn but getting a connection TLS ERROR meaning it cant connect to the tcp or udp connection, I have forwarded ports correctly but when I check the port it says it's still closed. I tried this from my phones lte too and it still says closed. 

I'm running windows ten. any other information might help?

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @max1236

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Are you still having issue connecting to your VPN? Have you tried getting support from your VPN provider?

Maybe one of our Resident Experts @Gdkitty or @Datalink can assist here?

RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My only guess.. is that there appear to be a few reserved ports.. which are not allowed to be forwarded? 
(22 and 443 i think?)

My guess is your vpn is defaulting to 443?

If you are able to change the default port your VPN is uising.. and then connect on that port.. 
Might work?

I've Been Here Awhile

It's port 1194, this is for Openvpn with tap driver. It's not firewall, i tried it without it on.   Openvpn gives "tls handshake failed". Other ports seem to be working like for skype and bittorrent. When I tried to use a diffrenet port the config didnt work at all. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyway for the CGN3ACR to allow port forwarding 22?

Heyo! We've fairly recently got the new modem from Rogers. I've got a Linux box that I like to access from the outside world. The most convenient way to do that is with SSH, though I've noticed that all the ports I've tried to forward worked except ssh, I assumed that this was an error on my part... I've been wrong many times before... But after doing some research, I found this... why is this a thing? What's so special about this port when any other protocol that you can log into (including VPN or other remote-machine protocols) can be brute-forced as well? Any way I could make this work without using any additional hardware?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As to why, no clue.

Are you able to change the SSH port on the linux box?
I know it defualts to 22, but as long as it can be changed, could forward that port instead.

IE: At work here we have two services which connect via SSL, both services default to 443.
Well cant do both.
So changed one to 10443

I've Been Here Awhile

Well,

# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 22 -j REDIRECT --to-port 2222

works well, but I really don't understand why I can't just forward the default port...

Topic Stats