Hitron CGN3 / CGN3ACR USB Ports

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Re:Hitron CGN3 / CGN3ACR USB Ports

@RogersShakir wrote:

Hey @drizzt09

Did you find a solution yet?

So even in DAS it sees the first HDD only? Is it consolidating the drive as one (Disk space) or literally sees the first drive only?

@Gdkitty or @Datalink may have an answer for you.

RogersShakir

@RogersShakir @Gdkitty @Datalink
  sorry i didnt recieve notification to your response.

The DAS has 4 bays, 2 are currently in use with 2 HDD. Both NTFS. No RAID. Single drives.

DAS has a single USB cable.

When plugged into my WDTV usb port, my WDTV can see both drives separate.

When plugged into any PC usb port, the PCs can see both drives separate.

When plugged into the Rogers modem, the modem only sees the first drive. its as if the 2nd drive in the DAS does not exist.

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersShakir wrote:

Hey @drizzt09

Did you find a solution yet?

So even in DAS it sees the first HDD only? Is it consolidating the drive as one (Disk space) or literally sees the first drive only?

@Gdkitty or @Datalink may have an answer for you.

RogersShakir

Hi @RogersShakir @Gdkitty and @Datalink

sorry i didnt get notification of your response. no i did not resolve this.

the DS has 4 HDD bays at which time only 2 are used. When plugging the single USB from the DAS into my WDTV or any PC the device will see 2 HDD separately. When i plug in teh same USB into the Hitron, it only sees the first HDD and ignores that the 2nd one exists.

I am sure if i pulled the 2nd one out of the DAS and connected it via USB to the 2nd port on the hitron i would see it but that is not why i have the DAS. I also plan on filling the other 2 slots with 2 more HDDs. It would be nice if the Hitron could see all drives like everything else does.

thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Really unfortunately... i would assume the hitron is just not capable.

When a PC reads a USB.. it has much more capability to see things differently.. see multiple pathways on the same unit, etc.

The hitron is most likely just connecting in the most BASE way possible to it.. and just isnt designed to look for anything more than just the basic first drive it sees.

Heck, even at that, there are some sizes, formats, etc.. that people have not been able to access.

I've Been Around

Re: Hitron CGN3 / CGN3ACR USB Ports

I used cusadmin for user and used my network's password for password, that worked  

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there. My hard drive was working fine with my rogers hitron modem, and recently I've had to format my laptop. So once again I have to connect my hard drive to the modem, but  the usb light is not coming on, the second last light on the modem which is the usb signal. I also checked my admin page and wasn't able to see my hard drive on the usb page.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@saigol92 wrote:

Hi there. My hard drive was working fine with my rogers hitron modem, and recently I've had to format my laptop. So once again I have to connect my hard drive to the modem, but  the usb light is not coming on, the second last light on the modem which is the usb signal. I also checked my admin page and wasn't able to see my hard drive on the usb page.

I believe the external hard drive has to be USB 2, and formatted using FAT32

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Mine is a das with 2 hdd (ntfs) plugged into a single usb on the modem. I'm not sure which port. I think number 1 but can't be sure. Not home right now