Hiltron CGN2 modem ok or a problem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Hiltron CGN2 modem ok or a problem?

Rogers is offering me a new bundle that will require me giving up my old Motorola modem and taking the Hiltron CGN2 with built in wifi.  With all the modem probs on this forum I wondered if this one is a problem too; I looked back in the forum but couldn't find much, I think it's older than the newest ones.  Thx for any opinions.

-Bob

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Hiltron CGN2 modem ok or a problem?

There's no big issues with the CGN2.
However, if you already have your own router that you are comfortable with, you can always put the rogers router into "bridge mode", that will make it act like your Motorola, and then you can keep using your own router.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CGN2 is a good modem from my experience, but I would personally try to get the CGN3. Only reason I like the CGN2 is because I was able to have an open Nat on my console without port forwarding.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There's no big issues with the CGN2.
However, if you already have your own router that you are comfortable with, you can always put the rogers router into "bridge mode", that will make it act like your Motorola, and then you can keep using your own router.

View solution in original post