Hiltron CDE 30364 Port forward for Wake on LAN?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Hiltron CDE 30364 Port forward for Wake on LAN?

Hi,

I have the Hiltron modem.  I would like to set-up my computer for Wake on LAN within my local network.  My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 so I understand I the magic packets need to be forward through the broadcast IP adress 192.168.0.255 port 9 so that my computer will see it.  

However, when I try to forward port 192.168.0.255 in the settings I get an error, apparently it will let me only go up to .254.  Can anyone help set up the router appropriately for Wake on LAN?

Thanks!

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hiltron CDE 30364 Port forward for Wake on LAN?

That is the broadcast address. But it's possible that the router may not like doing it, since its 'normaly' not addressable.

Tried to do a bit of looking around, but want able to find something specific for the Hitron. A couple examples I found for other routers, just put 192.168.0. And left the last blank. Worth trying that.
Beyond that, best way (and likely recommended by most of us here) would be to put the modem in bridged mode, you then could use any router you wanted, which you could research capable ones.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't work.  I just switched from the 2.0 and was hoping I could reduce some clutter with the combined modem and router.  But looks like I may have to go to bridged mode.  It just bugs me since I'm paying more for the rental!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do agree.. sucks we are paying more for features we cant use 😞

Wish i could help more.  WOuld one of the other gateways possibly work? maybe.. a few users had issues with port forwarding on the hitron for some reason.. COULD just be the hitron.

But all in all, the bridged mode with the two devices, will give you more flexability router wise, larger wireless range, etc.

I've Been Around

Hi All,

I'm usually "dead honest by nature" and bipolar 1 too :). I'm pretty disappointed that there is such lack of documentation/troubleshooting guides when it comes to WOL on Hiltron. I got a nice 13' MacBook Pro for my 40th b-day (thanks wifey!!) and love to play around with tunneling VNC over SSH and other "things". I've tried almost everything! From 4343 to port 9 to changing the subnet to 255.255.255.128. I have manually assigned IP addy of ...64. Easy to remember! Any techies out there that would "love" to troubleshoot with me? Sonny from Cambridge.

P.S. I used WOL app on iPhone and 2 websites to wake. I'm to puzzled and am wondering if this is even a possibility with this type of a modem/router!!! Thank you for all your replies.