Have to reboot modem everyday otherwise extremely bad intermittency

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Have to reboot modem everyday otherwise extremely bad intermittency

Thanks for the info! For the traceroute just be certain to remove the IP (and MAC address if visible) from the first 2 hops. That should do it, 

It'll be important to run the ping test and the traceroute in command prompt when you're experiencing the issue so that we can use the results to verify and identify where the problem is.

@RogersAndy

I'm Here A Lot

Ok so I have done both the ping test as well as the traceroute.

Annotation 2019-08-29 010129.png

I took this with task manager, and this is the main problem i'm dealing with. The abrupt upside-down spike nearing the right of the graph is what shows on this graph whenever there is the intermittency issue.

InkedAnnotation 2019-08-29 010145_LI.jpg

I took this at the same time as the one with the task manager, and it seems like nothing changed to pinging the second hop on the traceroute, or the neighbourhood node.

Annotation 2019-08-29 010129.png

That was the final stats for the ping. There would be uncommon higher milliseconds than the normal average, but that wasn't during an intermittency.

asdfasdf.png

That should be it, as it's hard to traceroute during that small frame of time during the intermittency.

Thanks so much @Redfish

This is super helpful. I would recommend reaching out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can run some tests to your line. It's likely we can see this resolved for you. Sometimes minor, hard to identify intermittency problems like this can be caused by unexpected shorts in the line. We'll run what tests we can to replicate your experience and have someone dispatched to investigate.

For information on our PM system check out our Blog!

Looking forward to seeing this resolved for you!

@RogersAndy