HITRON CGN3ACSMR MANUAL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

HITRON CGN3ACSMR MANUAL

Looking for a detailed manual for the Hirtron CGN3ACSMR cable modem.  The "help" buttons on the modem webpage are not really helpfull.  Looking for a detailed explanation of all the features and options. 

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: HITRON CGN3ACSMR MANUAL

Hello, @pathlightcc

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. There are a lot of advanced users in the Community who use CGN3ACSMR modem, please ask away any explanation about any feature or option and you shall get an answer. Smiley Happy

My preliminary search didn't yield the manual you are looking for, however, if I'm successful in finding it I'll update this thread. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully we will see a manual soon. Thanks @RogersMoin

Hello, @pathlightcc and @huh666

I've found the user's guide for the model CGNV4 which is similar to CGN3ACSMR. I took a quick peek and found it explains the features, options and how to's in detail, let us know if you need further clarification, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

Hello RogersMoin,

I had looked at the manual you provided for the user's guide for the model CGNV4. I have a CGN3ACSMR; it does not have 2 telephone ports at the back like the CGNV4 have, shown in that manual.

However, I have found a manual that appears to be for the CGN3ACSMR. It has no telephone ports, just like mine. Perhaps other Rogers customers have the telephone ports on theirs, but mine does not. Here is the link to the manual /user's guide for the modem CGN3ACSMR .

James8440

Hello, @james8440

I appreciate looking up for the manual and providing the link. Your observation regarding telephone ports is correct, none of the Rogers' Internet modems have embedded telephone ports.

The reason I chose the CGNV4 manual is the CGN3ACSMR modem has the 801.11AC wireless mode on 5 GHz network whereas the CGN3 modem doesn't support the AC wireless mode. 

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

I've noticed the CGN3 manual mentioned  "The CGN3 must be placed vertically on its stand, should not be positioned in either wall-mount or horizontal." However, the CGNV4 manual doesn't have the warning (I could not find it in the same section). Which is correct?

Mine did not come with a stand, nor did I know I had to let it stand vertically (which it is now, not wanting to damage my rented modem!). Why aren't there any label stuck on the modem saying this? Just wondering!

Hello, @james8440

All the Hitron modems from CGN3 onwards must be placed vertically, however, not all the models will have a stand. I appreciate you taking care of your modem. It would be certainly nice to have a label with modem's placement orientation, thank you for the feedback. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I believe the only reason to stand upright is because of the internal wifi antennas. If you are just using it as a modem, there probably is no reason to stand it upright unless it has air venting from the top of the modem.

Hello, @AdmiralDAM.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining this conversation; both of your beliefs are true. The modem has WiFi antennas and vents on both side, so placing the modem on its side can overheat the modem and also can degrade the WiFi performance. All the modems we offer post CGN3 model need to be in a vertical/standing position for optimal performance. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin