HITRON (Bridge Mode) + Apple Extreme - Fast Connection BUT Slow Streaming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

HITRON (Bridge Mode) + Apple Extreme - Fast Connection BUT Slow Streaming

I have a question about issues with setting up the Rogers HITRON in Bridge Mode with a new Apple Extreme router.  I followed the instructions as mentioned by the Rogers Support team to set the HITRON to Bridge Mode and then hard wired the Apple Extreme to it.

When I connect to the Apple Extreme wifi network (even when I'm hard wired to the Apple Extreme), I get speeds of 50-100MB tested from SpeedTest.net BUT when I try to download a file, stream Netfix, download Apps to my iPhone, they are SOOOOO slow.

As a test, when I use just the HITRON and the HITRON wifi network, and no Apple Extreme, it works well, apps to my iPhone download super quick, as expected.

I was on the Apple Support for about an hour and they were asking if there was some throttling happening from the HITRON or firewall, etc and whether I should set up a DMZ (?!?!?).  Then I called Rogers Support and they said nothing like that happens but they could not support the Apple Extreme.

So at this point, I'm stuck between vendors with no solution 😞

Any thoughts?  Advice?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: HITRON (Bridge Mode) + Apple Extreme - Fast Connection BUT Slow Streaming

Hi @michaelulch,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place for assistance 🙂

This might be something one of our Resident Experts @Gdkitty @Datalink might be able to assist with?

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm..

Generally at this point.. i would say its something with the airport extreeme

The connection obviously is working OK, that your getting the speed right off the hitron.

When in bridge mode, its a modem only.  So there is no forwarding, dmz, etc that all needs to be set.

Which exact model airport extreeme do you have?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the brand new one, purchased Nov 2106, http://www.apple.com/ca/airport-extreme/

I've Been Here Awhile

I took my HITRON back to Rogers and picked up a new one, did the same process of setting up in bridge mode and now everything is working very fast.  Came down to a faulty HITRON.