cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HITRON (Bridge Mode) + Apple Extreme - Fast Connection BUT Slow Streaming

michaelulch
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a question about issues with setting up the Rogers HITRON in Bridge Mode with a new Apple Extreme router.  I followed the instructions as mentioned by the Rogers Support team to set the HITRON to Bridge Mode and then hard wired the Apple Extreme to it.

When I connect to the Apple Extreme wifi network (even when I'm hard wired to the Apple Extreme), I get speeds of 50-100MB tested from SpeedTest.net BUT when I try to download a file, stream Netfix, download Apps to my iPhone, they are SOOOOO slow.

As a test, when I use just the HITRON and the HITRON wifi network, and no Apple Extreme, it works well, apps to my iPhone download super quick, as expected.

I was on the Apple Support for about an hour and they were asking if there was some throttling happening from the HITRON or firewall, etc and whether I should set up a DMZ (?!?!?).  Then I called Rogers Support and they said nothing like that happens but they could not support the Apple Extreme.

So at this point, I'm stuck between vendors with no solution 😞

Any thoughts?  Advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HITRON (Bridge Mode) + Apple Extreme - Fast Connection BUT Slow Streaming

michaelulch
I've Been Here Awhile

I took my HITRON back to Rogers and picked up a new one, did the same process of setting up in bridge mode and now everything is working very fast.  Came down to a faulty HITRON.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersZia

Hi @michaelulch,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place for assistance 🙂

This might be something one of our Resident Experts @Gdkitty @Datalink might be able to assist with?

RogersZia

Hmm..

Generally at this point.. i would say its something with the airport extreeme

The connection obviously is working OK, that your getting the speed right off the hitron.

When in bridge mode, its a modem only.  So there is no forwarding, dmz, etc that all needs to be set.

Which exact model airport extreeme do you have?

michaelulch
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the brand new one, purchased Nov 2106, http://www.apple.com/ca/airport-extreme/

michaelulch
I've Been Here Awhile

I took my HITRON back to Rogers and picked up a new one, did the same process of setting up in bridge mode and now everything is working very fast.  Came down to a faulty HITRON.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation