Gmail won't fetch rogers POP emails from port 995 since Feb. 01/17

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Gmail won't fetch rogers POP emails from port 995 since Feb. 01/17

help!  ive tried every solution i can find but i refuse to give up.  just switched from rogers to bell but i want to use GMAIL instead of a provider's email account.  I need to import my emails from ROGERS mail to GMAIL but I keep getting the following error:

There was a problem while connecting to pop.broadband.rogers.com

I also tried using pop.mail.yahoo.com and was unsuccessful

i have tried pop.broadband.com and pop.mail.yahoo.com and neither will work. I get:

There was a problem while connecting to pop.broadband.rogers.com

or,

Gmail couldn't identify your POP server.

HELP

Highlighted

Re: Gmail won't fetch rogers POP emails from port 995 since Feb. 01/17

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Gurpop!

Please keep in mind that while we provide POP set-up instructions, we recommend that you set up email using IMAP as it’s designed for use with web-based email and multiple computers/devices simultaneously.

Another potential issue here might be that you need to set up an app password: https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/account/generate-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html

I would suggest switching to IMAP. If you're still experiencing issues after that, post again here to let the Community know what error you're getting.

Regards,

RogersCorey