cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail timing out when trying to download POP email from rogers.com account

pmeth
I've been here awhile

I have a rogers.com account that I have setup in Gmail to download via POP. This has worked for years and years, but today I noticed it hasn't downloaded since July 17 and the log says there was a connection error. I tried various mail servers (pop.broadband.rogers.com, pop.mail.yahoo.com, pop.mail.yahoo.ca) but each one gives the same message:

Server returned error: "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider to verify the correct server name and port."

I'm pretty sure my settings are correct, as I said it was working for years and I did not change anything.

Username: my email
Password: my password
POP Server: pop.broadband.rogers.com
Port: 995

Always use a secure connection: checked

PS. I am pretty sure the servers are being reached because when I accidentally left the password blank it said the server could not authenticate (don't remember the exact message).

*** Edited labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Gmail timing out when trying to download POP email from rogers.com account

RogersMoin

Hello, @pmeth.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I too like the convenience of getting all of my emails from different accounts in one of the email service. However, it doesn't work all the time for reasons beyond our control. 

I'm assuming you are able to log into your @rogers.com email; if the account is locked out you can't get the email forwarded to another service. 

I can confirm you are using the correct POP server and the port number. As long as you are using you full @rogers.com email address you should receive your emails in Gmail. 

Alternately, you can try forwarding your @rogers.com emails to Gmail by enabling it from Settings/Accounts/ Access your Rogers Yahoo Mail elsewhere.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Gmail timing out when trying to download POP email from rogers.com account

RogersMoin

Hello, @pmeth.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I too like the convenience of getting all of my emails from different accounts in one of the email service. However, it doesn't work all the time for reasons beyond our control. 

I'm assuming you are able to log into your @rogers.com email; if the account is locked out you can't get the email forwarded to another service. 

I can confirm you are using the correct POP server and the port number. As long as you are using you full @rogers.com email address you should receive your emails in Gmail. 

Alternately, you can try forwarding your @rogers.com emails to Gmail by enabling it from Settings/Accounts/ Access your Rogers Yahoo Mail elsewhere.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation