Gigabit Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gigabit Speeds

You guys are all lucky...compared to me.

I am getting under 10 megabits download on GIGABIT internet!!

10 friggen Megabits?? IS Rogers gone mad? I know I have.

Image 3.png

I've Been Here Awhile

That must be so annoying Hen555!   That is like AOL dial up speed.  Hope you are getting some kind of billing relief.      We are fortunate to have Bell fibe in our area, so next time Bell comes knocking with an offer we will be saying good bye to Rogers.

Hello @hen555,

Dealing with those type of speeds must be beyond frustrating and is definitely reminiscent of dial-up days, a time no one wishes to return to!

There are numerous possible causes for speed issues so we'd like to rule out any obvious signal issues before troubleshooting further. Can you please post the signal levels of your modem to this thread for the Community to review? If you are not familiar with how to do this please follow the steps below.

1.    Connect your device to your Wi-Fi modem either with an ethernet cable or over your Wi-Fi network.
2.    Open a web browser and key in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
3.    Enter the following default settings to access the modem settings and select Login:
o    Username: cusadmin
o    Password: password (or your current Wi-Fi password)
4.    Select Status at the top > DOCSIS WAN

From there you can copy the upstream and downstream tables. Please ensure to remove your CM MAC and IP address.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

You can only imagine...dial up is a good reference because of how much of a speed difference it is! This is slow compared to 1000megabit speeds.

I wish Bell got Fiber to my door. I used to think Rogers had the internet game but I think Bell has stepped it up with Fiber Optics...from DSL phone connections to Coaxle to FiberOptic seems the way of the future.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Please-help-me-get-CGNM-3552-on-Gigabit/m-p/436487#M5...

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers lies about packages.

I been with Rogers for a while and I had all types of internet packages. I recently switched to the gigabit package and there has not been 1 week where I had to not contact support. I even had the tech guys install 3 new cable lines just so it would be fresh again yet the service doesn't reach anywhere they say advertised. I am also the only device directly connected to the ethernet, while everyone else is on wifi but still, the packages says it can handle multiple devices at the same time while maintaining a high speed. I have come to conclude that Rogers lies and tampers with speeds. All they have to do is play with the numbers to make it seem like its faster but when the get the chance, they will put you on the same speed as the slowest package. Even when I'm just trying to watch a streamer on twitch, twitch will notify me and say that I'm experiencing a lot of buffering so turned the settings to a lower quality. But why? Why should I lower my quality settings when this is suppose to be the fastest package there is? I've had the 150, 500, and now the 1gb package and to be honest, they are all the same speed no difference in performance. And the sad thing is that sometimes when I want to download a video from Netflix to save on my phone whenever I don't have internet access, the download would get stuck on my smartphone forcing me to switch to my FIDO DATA which is lightning speed fast! Turning a dowloand from 20 minutes to a few seconds, which is ridiculous. So I am convinced that Rogers scam their customers out of service and doesn't actually provide what they say they have. I tried everything Rogers had to offer, from techies coming to my house and them installing new cable lines to switching modems to resetting but nothing will solve this problem. And unfortunately Rogers is the only company that can offer 1gb speed in my area but since I feel there is no difference in speed and my streams constantly buffering, maybe its telling me that it's okay to switch companies. I do speed test frequently too and as of now I'm only getting 200mbs but this is suppose to be a gigabit package! What a joke! Rogers give me the biggest headache ever, so what am I paying $100 a month for when I'm getting the same speed I would get with a lower and cheaper package? Rogers are cons, there are actually no difference in speed! Also the PC that I use is built for gaming so my PC is a beast! 7th gen cpu so don't say maybe my computer is old, because it's not! Rogers are just cons.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah Roger is super trash, sorry to hear your pain. 

I've Been Here Awhile

you aren't wrong! I would switch to Bell in a heart beat but unfortunately the highest they offer is 150 mbs in my area and the price is the same I would pay for a gigabit package on Rogers but is there really a difference since Rogers service is hot garbage?

Hello, @Savvi855.

I appreciate you joining the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post. Our Community is honoured with experts and advanced users who can help diagnose your Internet service concern.

For the starters, please navigate to Status/DOCSIS WAN and post the Downstream, Upstream and OFDM sections so that we can analyze the signal levels.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

How is this considered Ok? I've had tech support come to my house multiple times and literally no solution for why my gigabit line can only muster a mere 70 down.  Why exactly am I paying so much for such an absymal service? For that matter why is it literally impossible to contact any rogers agent in the evening? Been trying for two days now and I can't contact anyone from rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry for hearing this, hope some one could contact you soon..