Gigabit Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gigabit Speeds

Same issue here for last 3 days

IMG.png

My speeds have always been terrible, and rogers hasn't been able to fix it in 4+ months

I Plan to Stick Around

. , I'd love to be getting 600! I can't even get over 300 lately let alone more than 4 mbps up 😕
I Plan to Stick Around

i have had both and ive done all that.. installation tech had put cgn3 but since i wasnt getting the right speeds i was advised to upgrade to the coda and that did not change anything!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SAME

I Plan to Stick Around

im dealing with the same issue, they told me to swap my modem for the new one which didnt change anything , then they told me to switch back the modem & now they are telling me to wait for the new firmware update.. rogers is garbage i had a tech come in  try telling me 300mbps falls under "gigabit speeds" and 2.4ghz is only capable of these speeds!!! 

I'm an Advisor

@bhaskarp wrote:

rogers is garbage i had a tech come in and do a speed test on his phone and try telling me 300mbps falls under "gigabit speeds" even 2.4ghz wifi is only capable of these speeds!!! 

2.4GHz 802.11n can, in theory, do a maximum of 300 megabits/sec... in complete fantasy conditions maybe and with equipment that will combine 2 channels (which, for example, Intel cards won't do). 

In the real world, I'd expect way, way, way, way less.

I Plan to Stick Around

no

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm cracking up at people complaining about getting download speeds over 50Mpbs.  Per my original post here ...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/392...

I'm regularly getting speeds of less than 5Mbps.  Heck, just for fun I just pulled this on my phone (tried both 5G and 2.4, very little difference..

Screenshot_20170104-064956.png

.... and just ran a hardwired test...

Capture.PNG

Now, if I reboot my modem (for the 100th time), the wired speeds will typically jump back up to ~500-600 and the wireless will range from 80-200Mbps.  For a few hours anyhow, until it dips back down to nothing.

Odd thing is that the upload speeds are fine.  I've called numerous times, and each time after the reboot "well everything looks fine at our end sir, can't get better than that but call again if you have an issue".

I typically run the modem in bridge mode with 2 Netgear R7000 routers (one as the main router the second used as an AP only).  But have tried just with the "new shiny white" Hitron modem only, same thing.

Beyond frustrated at this point.

I Plan to Stick Around

BTW, in the second chart while it hit 42Mbps download on a wired connection, it sat at around 0.3Mbps for the first several seconds before jumping up to 42 for about 1 second prior to the download test ending.

That's simply not normal to have that kind of upload speed with abysmal download speeds.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@PVC

On the CODA modem, make sure you have .19 firmware as that fixes many network issues.  If you do, then please do the following:

- TURN OFF the 2.4 GHZ and 5.0 GHZ and save the settings

- Unplug the power from the modem and wait a few min and restart

- Once it is back online, run your speedtest and it should be better.

Do not use 2.4 Ghz on the CODA as I have identified this as an issue and @RogersDave is working on a fix.