Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee kr6
Rogers Employee

Re: Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

@brice90

Are you sue the Drobo is using FTP to connect to the update  server? If it is indeed FTP, then you need to enable passive FTP transfer. You will need to contact Drobo support to verify.

You should also test if your Drobo can actually get out to the internet. Does it have a ping utility in the Admin/Setup page? Another option is to ssh into the Drob (ssh root@192.168.0.32) and ping a few sites directly from the Drob.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay did some more digging and I was able from my Windows 10 machine use ftp to get access to drobo update site  ftp://updates.drobo.com. I was able to do a directory read of the site. I am still not able to access it via the drobo, still gives the same error. I tried to use a ssh application to log onto the drobo but I am trying to use linux ftp or ping the same site. Saying all this it does not look like it the hitron router (although I am naot sure why the older router worked and this one does not. As for the answer of what the other model of the modem was called I cannot recall I do remember the picture see attached.

Rogers Employee kr6
Rogers Employee

Ah, the good ole CGN2 modem. If could ever miss a Hitron device, this would be it. Very stable in bridge modem and none of the flacky CGN3 issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay kind of figured it out it is not the router that is the issue it is Windows 10. The drobo NAS device client works on a Windows 7 laptop that I installed it on, but not the Windows 10 laptop, so it looks like it is an issue with Windows 10 networking via the firewall, although the configuration looks the same from Windows 7 to Windows 10. So I guess we close this issue, it is time to beat up drobo support.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @brice90,

I am curious if the upcoming Windows 10 "Anniversary Update (summer 2016) will resolve this issue.

Are you a Windows Insider with access to Windows 10, build 14316? If so, you could download/install to a virtual machine and test to see if the issue occurs on the new build.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay figured it out yeahhhh!!!! Rather simple really had to set the shortcut Drobo dashboard which is the client to access the drobo to "run as administrator". Once I did that the run the application it was able to see the update server. ZDon't now why and don't care it is working.