Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

Do you mean to ping the software update server on the internet? Or the drobo internet to the LAN?

I am able to ping the drobo internal to the LAN, I would have to find out what the ip/dns name for drobo update server.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @brice90,

Can you edit the port forwarding / triggering rules to the IP address of the Drobo? (192.168.0.25). 

After making that change, can the Drobo fetch the update file?

I Plan to Stick Around

I am bit confused 192.168.0.25 is not the drobo ip but my workstation ip. The drobo ip is 192.168.0.32. Which port forward/trigger is set too.

I Plan to Stick Around

Something I find interesting I changed the port forward/trigger ip for ftp to 192.168.0.21 which is the ip of my workstation and use a internet program called can you see me and I tested port 21 /20 and it says it cannot seen.

I have attached a screen shot.port checking.PNG

I'm an Advisor

Hello @brice90,

@brice90 wrote:

I am bit confused 192.168.0.25 is not the drobo ip but my workstation ip. The drobo ip is 192.168.0.32. Which port forward/trigger is set too.

Now I am confused. In a previous post, you said "I have the drobo inside the LAN it has a static ip of 192.168.0.25". 

Name resolution issue? Can you try changing the primary DNS server on the Drobo to 8.8.8.8?

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry that was my mistake the Drobo ip is 192.168.0.32. I will try to change DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and get with an answer.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay did not work I changed the first DNS server setting as 8.8.8.8 but kept the second DNS setting as 192.168.0.1.

It is beginning to really look like there is an issue with the router.

I'm an Advisor

This is a strange one - wish I had a Drobo here to test with!

If you are really desperate to get the Drobo updated, you could (temporarily) put the hitron gateway into bridge mode and deploy another wireless router (Rogers coax to hitron, hitron Ethernet to other wireless router's Internet/WAN port). 

Wish I could be of more help. @Datalink, any other suggestions?

I Plan to Stick Around

I wish you had a drobo to test also, but I guess this is a mystery, since this is not solveable. Ido not want to Bridge the hitron since whenever I run into p[roblems I would like to be able to point one finger at one device instead of the vendors pointing fingers at each other.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Stumped 😞  I would hazard a guess that running the modem in bridge mode with a router behind it in full router mode would solve the issue.  What modem did you have before the Hitron?