Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

I have a drobo 5N nas device and I am not able to access there ftp site from the device with my new CGN3 modem from Rogers.

Is there a setting that can be configured on the router to give access, I am pretty savy with technology but have not found a way to get around this. I was able to get access to the update site with my older router from Rogers with no problem.

Can anyone help me..

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting access to drobo update site for Drobo nas device

Hey @brice90!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

That's actually a very good question. @Gdkitty, @Datalink@VivienM, @robindp are our 4 Resident Experts who are very well versed with networking.

Unfortunately we don't support 3rd party hardware. Rogers TechXpert a premium support can assist you with this as well.

Hopefully either option can give you some lead to resolving your concern!

Btw, That's a nice NAS device. 🙂

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I'm an Advisor

Hello all,

I have not used a Drobo recently, but you should have access to the Drobo's FTP interface by default.

For testing, can you try something for me?

- Access the Hitron GCN3 configuration page using your web browser (default IP address: 192.168.0.1).

- Click Security from the navigation bar at the top of page.

- Scroll down under Firewall Settings, then click Minimum, then blue Save Changes button from the bottom.

Wait a few seconds, then test FTP access to the Drobo again - does it work now?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Hitron NAT might be the problem here.  Reading thru the link below, I would think that you would have to assign a static IP address in the modem for the NAS and then create a couple port forwarding rules for port 20 (FTP-Data) as well as port 21 (FTP-TCP/IP).  I would try setting this up with port triggering first and if that didn't work remove the triggering rules and set this up using port forwarding.  That leaves the port forwarding up all the time, so, I would run the check, run any updates and then remove the rules.  In each case, after setting up the static IP address and port triggering, or port forwarding and saving the changes, reboot the modem using the ADMIN .....  DEVICE RESET...Reboot function. 

http://support.drobo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/86/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU4Nzc2NDQ0L3...

I'm an Advisor

Hello @brice90,

Please clarify - are you having issues accessing your Drobo FTP site from inside or outside your internal network?

- If having trouble accessing from the WAN, the solution offered by @Datalink will help you.

- If having trouble accessing from the LAN, the solution offered by me will help you.

Please let us know how it goes!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Am I misinterpreting Drobo's help page for the updates?  Looks like its pretty clear, to run the updates you need access to ports 20 and 21, thru the routers firewall.  That might also be the case if you were accessing the NAS from the WAN as well, but in this case the reference page refers to running the updates.  Dropping the Firewall setting to Minimum might accomplish the same thing, but, if the NAT is still problematic at that point, the only other solution would be to use Port Triggering / Port Forwarding or put the NAS in the DMZ which I would never recommend to anyone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I already looked at the security setting/firewall it was set to minimum. So that is not the problem.

I also notice after a few days I am not able to access the web interface, I have to plug out the router and plug it back in to do a hard reset, is there a fix for this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The issue with the modem interface has been seen before, whether or not anyone has taken any notice of it is another question altogether.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @brice90,

The admin interface becoming non-accessible is a known issue and is (temporarily) fixed with a reboot of the hitron gateway.

I understand that setting the security/firewall to "minimum" did not help.  Please advise -- are you trying to access the Drobo FTP from inside (LAN) or outside (WAN) of your network?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Datalink.  The issue has been seen by many of us on the forum, and I have reported it to technical support who stated that they have escalated the issue. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the drobo inside the LAN it has a static ip of 192.168.0.25..