FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

What are you using to measure this?  Curious to see.

I Plan to Stick Around

PingPlotter - fantastic tool to visualize these kinds of problems. It can also run as a service in windows so you can have it running in the background all the time and check it when you experience any issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I had Rogers visit on Friday and they put some filters on my line to get the signal strength weakened a bit (apparently it was too strong). I also had the modem swapped out - it was on the .32 firmware and then a day later upgraded to .33.

All looked ok but as of yesterday I started seeing the 30 second to 1 min connection drops again...a couple of times a day but annoying for sure as it impacts VoIP calls for work and online gaming. I'm convinced that it's either the firmware or something upstream.

I've tried both gateway/router mode and bridge mode. Same exact problems replicated on multiple computers.

I Plan to Stick Around

i'm quite sure it can be related to the modem it self... wondering if there are other gigabit modems from rogers?

Product Manager
Product Manager

Christmas has come early!

We are expecting a new version of code for the CODA-4582 next week.

Patches in this build include:

-VPN stability improvements

-NAT Loopback fix

-Managed Router fixes

-Telemetry updates

We will look to push this code our to those of you in the trial group after a few days of validation testing.

Thanks,
RogersIan

I'm Here A Lot

You're not alone. They seem to have serious BGP issues within their backbone, loops, packet loss and what not. seeing the same exact behaviour for me, and my whole building. Mostly between 9 and 10am est and 3-5pm.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan - Amazing news regarding the NAT loopback fix! Thanks for this! What's the build # of the new version?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @RogersIan any updates on this release?  Does it still look like a go before Christmas?

thanks

Murray

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a modem on the .33 firmware and despite it being given to me brand new it had been cutting out every 5 mins for about 30 seconds. I swapped modems at the store to a very used looking one and it it's on the same firmware and hardware version but no problems so far!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thats good finding... "get me the oldest one looking!!!" lol