FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Any feedback on 7.1.1.33 so far?

RogersIan

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It does appear to have fixed the problem with the management interface login page. 

I no longer have to power cycle the modem every day. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cannot tell.......Still on 7.1.1.32 and not able to access modem. Still occasional drops in Netflix streaming. When will all Beta participants get this new release?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just to let everyone know my CODA-4582 was updated for OFDMA upload about a month ago and upload speeds and ping times were fairly consistent up until a few days ago.  I'm on .32 firmware.

But recently, now that many modems have been updated for upload OFDMA, I am right back to where I was before.  During the day and evening, upload speed drops from 32 to 20 or below, and ping to the first hop drops from 14 to 30 ms. or above.

Which means to me, that upload OFDMA won't help at all on a congested node.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

First of all, I’ve been trying to post something on these forums for the last few days but keep getting an error message when hitting the “post” button. Not sure if it’s happening to others but someone on the Rogers development team might want to look into it.

Hopefully it works this time.

With respect to 7.1.1.33, my download speeds seem to be capped at 400-450 on my 500u connection. Older versions of 7.1.1.32 was slightly better but nowhere near as good as 36Tx. With the 36T series of firmware, I would always clock my download speed at 560-580. It was consistently always close to 600. The 7.x series seems to always be clocked under 500 for me. Everything else (stability, ping, upload speed, etc) are fine.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately, it appears that I was premature with my earlier reply.

The modem has once again locked up the admin login page and also appears to be working poorly, with bad connectivity.
Another power cycle has been required to restore functionality.

Running exclusively in bridge mode.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the same issues on 7.1.1.33 as 7.1.1.32 - about every 24 hours my modem locks up (drops internet) in bridge mode. 

I had no issues prior to 7.1.1.32 on my CODA-4582 modem. Rogers tech support is not helping with this issue - and check my line each time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They're in denial of the issue... Their tech support has no clue how to troubleshoot this problem and will just try to swap modems. No point of swapping a modem that will be on the newer firmware. I've given up waiting and just waiting for a new firmware update that will hopefully solve the problem that was introduced.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Datalink @RogersIan

Any news on Docsis 3.1 upload ? It's been a while we are waiting.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'll be interested in that answer as well.  There are apparently some Rogers customers running 3.1 OFDMA (upstream) at the present time.  So far, it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference, which isn't what I was expecting to hear.  Spectrum in the U.S. has enabled 3.1 upstream in various locations.  Looks like there are mixed results, more bad than good from what I've seen.